Postal Forums
First Transfer Quick Question: What does INSHD mean?

This topic can be found at:
https://postalspot.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1321098312/m/5213996667

12 October 2011, 19:21
DarbyD53
First Transfer Quick Question: What does INSHD mean?
Hello,

I'm so sorry if this isnt posted in right area. It does have to deal with transfers though and I hope I'm not upseting anymore. I got my tranfer papers in today saying I am up for a transfer to a mail carrier in the city but next to it after POST OFC - it has INSHD. Anyone know what it means? I asked a few supervisors today and no one knew, i did some searches and found nothing. thanks
25 June 2014, 21:32
DMarieM
quote:
Originally posted by DarbyD53:
Hello,

I'm so sorry if this isnt posted in right area. It does have to deal with transfers though and I hope I'm not upseting anymore. I got my tranfer papers in today saying I am up for a transfer to a mail carrier in the city but next to it after POST OFC - it has INSHD. Anyone know what it means? I asked a few supervisors today and no one knew, i did some searches and found nothing. thanks

I would like to know the answer also, Thank you
26 June 2014, 06:35
HoustonET
I believe it means Installation Head

Hello,

I'm so sorry if this isnt posted in right area. It does have to deal with transfers though and I hope I'm not upseting anymore. I got my tranfer papers in today saying I am up for a transfer to a mail carrier in the city but next to it after POST OFC - it has INSHD. Anyone know what it means? I asked a few supervisors today and no one knew, i did some searches and found nothing. thanks[/QUOTE]

I would like to know the answer also, Thank you[/QUOTE]
26 June 2014, 09:52
DMarieM
hmm ok thank you.
27 June 2014, 06:31
HoustonET
I apologize, that was an incorrect answer. I could not find the correct answer so I e-mailed my complement coordinator the question but he has not answered back yet. You may want to call or email yours and i'm sure they'll be able to answer your question.

Sorry about that.

quote:
Originally posted by DMarieM:
hmm ok thank you.

27 June 2014, 09:47
DMarieM
ok I will try that, I have Googled it and searched the USPS and APWU site and could not find it either. Smiler
27 June 2014, 22:10
DMarieM
I asked my supervisor if he knew what it meant and he did not. I did take a look at several offices of varying sizes and it appears that every office including my own has it. the only ones that do not have it have PD&C or other specific label for the major processing hubs. so I am guessing it is doesn't really matter.