Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - All Others    ET-10 in Santa Clarita P&DC looking to transfer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ET-10 in Santa Clarita P&DC looking to transfer Login/Join

posted
T-2 Sun/Mon Seniority Date Apr. 2004 Looking for a transfer. Have a few parts of the country I'm interested in so please contact me if you are looking to transfer to this site.

Posts: 4 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: 13 September 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would Rapid City, SD be an option for you? I have family in that neck of the woods and would like to get back there.

Posts: 4 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 18 July 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I haven't been to SD in quite awhile but I'm pretty sure I would not survive a single winter

Posts: 4 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: 13 September 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, it's not as bad as most people think. I was born and raised in the SFV and moved up here 3 years ago. The winters here are not bad and and nowhere as bad as the other areas of the state. This area tends to be warmer than the rest of the state, close to the mountains and we get something similar to the Santa Anna winds. The snow actually melts and goes away between snows here. I'm in Rapid City, 45 mins from Mt Rushmore, Deadwood and Sturgis. If you are a motorcycle rider you will love it, if not you will want to be one. If I wasn't trying to get back to LA, I would be.

The houses here are amazing. Think north Pasadena/Altadena or even Santa Barbara's cute and adorable house community's at 1/3 the price. Good size lots and huge houses. Rapid a good size city and there is plenty to do. Couple theaters, convention center that has a minor league hockey team. Plenty of concerts and rodeos. Denver is 6 hrs away for any big concerts or events.

The office is smallish. ~40 routes city and rural, and 3 DBs, AFCS-OCR, and Merlin are the main things, all in one building. 6 ETs total, 2 are likely to retire in the next 5 years. I'm tour 2 Thur/Fri.

Posts: 4 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 18 July 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post