Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Postal Retirement Discussion Forum    How much is your FERS Special Retirement Supplement?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much is your FERS Special Retirement Supplement? Login/Join

posted
Curious to know, if you are retired and receiving the FERS Special Retirement Supplement, how much are you receiving based on your work history?

"If you are a FERS employee and you retire on an immediate, unreduced annuity before reaching age 62, you will not only receive your basic annuity but an additional payment that represents the amount of Social Security benefit you earned while a FERS employee. It’s called the special retirement supplement (SRS)."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom Wakefield,

Posts: 58 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom retired carrier 2/19 with 31.5 yrs and 60 years old basic is 1657 plus SS 1250 which is 80% of Social Security at 62. If I took any thift say 2000 per month is would last over 30 years. But at 60 I also recieved my Military pention (ANG)of 1000 so I could be at a gross of 5907 per month. My wife is fers also which will bring 5000 per month if she took thift money since she has a few years to go!

Posts: 3 | Registered: 11 September 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We can get retirement estimates at min ret age (MRA) or specific dates on ERETIRE. Just click ertire when logged in to liteblue. The federal special supplement is shown along with annuity estimate.

Go to TSP for your thrift retirement options.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 February 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post