Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Clerks    Opening in low cost Kentucky
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opening in low cost Kentucky Login/Join

posted
There is an opening in Science Hill, Ky which is about 8 miles from the growing town of Somerset, Ky. It is a level 18 post office. The PM is a j!!! but should be retiring soon. The clerk that was there transferred out in Jan of 09. The PM has not listed the job because he wants to give the hours to a little blonde TRC (temp rural carrier)that he likes. The TRC is getting close to 40 hours a week but the PM tells anyone that inquires about the job that there is only 2 hours a day. Don't let him BS you. There is at least 5 hours a day plus about 5 hours of higher level on Sat. Actually, as you probably know, every hour should be going to an APWU member. Perfect for someone that is not afraid to stand up for their rights. It is totally illegal for the TRC to be running the window with her own assigned stamp stock. You would be the only clerk in the office which is great for job security. Everyone else in the office is easy to get a long with. This is a low cost of living area with lots to do in beautiful Ky. Lake Cumberland is a very short distance away (15 miles or so). The PM should be going before long as he is around 60. The first person to contact him should get the job as he has not tried to fill it. It has been vacant since Jan 3rd. GO FOR IT!!! The phone number is (606) 423-3366

This message has been edited. Last edited by: justme,

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm interested I have been a OIC in a 18 level office and want out of FLORIDA!! Who is your district manager or his phone number? Need to be listed as a open office first before I can apply. tahnks donny62@embarqmail.com

Posts: 61 | Registered: 22 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
The MPOO is Mike Thompson. (859) 219-0625 The district manager is Chris Christenbury (502) 454-1814. Like I said if you speak to the PM he will probably downplay the job by telling you that there are only a couple of hours a day available. Have him pull the time records. The TRC is getting close to 40. The PM is like a Jekyll and Hyde. When he is the nice guy he is as good as anyone but he can be an equally big pain to work for. He will split you every day. Probably about 2-3 hours in the morning and then back for 2-3 in the afternoon to close. It is 6 days a week as I said. Saturday you will more than likely be all by yourself (around 5 hours) which is usually the best day in the office since he is not there. I'm not sure when he will retire and I do not want to misrepresent that. He could go anytime but may stay 4 or five more years. Good luck.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: justme,

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post