Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Clerks    Bend, OR Clerk to Trade with Portland vicinity Clerk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bend, OR Clerk to Trade with Portland vicinity Clerk Login/Join

posted
Bend, OR SSA Clerk looking for Mutual Trade
to the Portland vicinity

Seniority Date May 18, 2002

Our situation: Bend mail processing is being consolidated to Portland. My husband is a Mail Handler and is being forced to go. I am a SSA Clerk with nearly 13 years of seniority and I am senior enough to stay in Bend. We are now told that I am “welcome” to follow him but I will loose my seniority. A Mutual trade will allow me to keep all or some of my seniority and help you get to a desired Bend location. We have 3 kids and splitting our time or commuting weekly between Portland and Bend is not an option for us.

Mutual trades are between 2 people of the same craft. They basically trade offices. Both parties will take on the seniority date of the more Junior person as Unassigned Regulars. So, as long as you are hired before November of 2005 you would be senior enough to stay in Bend without bumping anyone out that is not already going. They are telling us we will be keeping 25 clerks. I am number 16. So far we have gotten very limited information other than April 17th would be his last day here.

If you would like more information feel free to email me: 4the5moores@gmail.com
or text or call my cell at 451-788-2361. I work Tuesday - Saturday 9am-6pm. Please feel free to pass this information along to anyone you think might be interested.

Posts: 27 | Location: Vancouver Washington  | Registered: 25 June 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post