Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Clerks    In Alaska, trying to get to DE/VA/SC/NC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In Alaska, trying to get to DE/VA/SC/NC Login/Join

posted
My seniority date is 05/14/2005.

Currently working in Anchorage, AK. Been here 20 years, and love the place. However, my wife would like to move to a warmer climate and I have family in Virginia.

We're wanting to relocate to either Virginia, Delaware, North Carolina, or South Carolina.

Timetable for moving is very flexible, but wanting to make the move sometime in 2019 or 2020 at the latest.

Current benefits of living in Anchorage, AK are:

- NO state tax
- NO sales tax
- 28.02% non-taxable territorial cost-of-living-allowance (TCOLA). If you're at lvl 6/step O, you'll be making $37/hr here.
- Annual dividends from the State of Alaska once you have completed a full calendar year of residency. These dividends are usually $1000 to $2000.
- An abundance of activities available to sportsmen/sportswomen like hunting, fishing, hiking, etc.
- Beautiful views of the aurora borealis (northern lights) and mountains.
- strong local union (Midnight Sun Area Local - 2756)

Thank you,

Sean Kelley

(907) 947-0338

Posts: 6 | Registered: 21 June 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update...

Still looking for a swap, but will probably end up just taking a transfer. Will keep checking this post from time to time.

Desired move time is now June through August, 2020.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 21 June 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post