Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Clerks    YOSEMITE PTF POS wants RENO......YOU GET CHEAPPPPP HOUSING....CLIMBERS HEAVEN.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YOSEMITE PTF POS wants RENO......YOU GET CHEAPPPPP HOUSING....CLIMBERS HEAVEN. Login/Join

posted
The most unique situation in the USPS. Your commute to the office is: WALK DOWNSTAIRS.

I need to join my sweetie in RENO.

Seniority date June 2005, but it doesn't matter. You will always be a PTF. That's the bad news. Read on.

The good news is that you get to live in the center of Yosemite National Park. here is Yosemite National Park: http://www.terragalleria.com/parks/np.yosemite.html. And the housing is very, very, very reasonable. And it's big. You get a large two bedroom apartment, 8'-6' ceilings, dining room, living room, kitchen, entry and beautifully remodeled bathroom. The photo below is my hallway, at the end of which is the second bedroom. Your only bills for the living space will be your rent, if you can call it that, plus your phone and DSL. No water, sewer, garbage, or power bill whatsoever.

You'll work 33-40 hours per week in the season. Monday thru Friday about 9-5 or 9-3, Saturday 930-12. In the off season (January thru April-ish) you will work less. This year we were furloughed one day a week from January through now. It looks like things are picking up and the furloughs are over. The postmaster is good about making sure we get equal hours and is very easy-going. There's him, another PTF and you, that's all. You can get time off, we have someone who can relieve us, usually year-round.

You'll sort mail and be on the window(POS), that's the work. About 1000 boxes, plus another station at Yosemite Lodge. Huge GD section. Easiest job I've ever had, but love calls, and she's in RENO.

Contact me at 209-372-4672.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: breezy,

Posts: 6 | Registered: 22 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i am a ptf i would love a 3 way i want yosi and someone can come to fl jeanneluddeni@yahoo.com

Posts: 23 | Location: leslie | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post