Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Question about 3 & 4 way trades.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about 3 & 4 way trades. Login/Join

posted
Has anyone out there been denied a transfer from a district, any district, just because they say they don't accept 3 or 4 way trades?? If so, did your union file a grievance and if so, what was the outcome?? I have heard that Atlanta does not accept them, but I was wondering, given the PO and all of their withholding and Article 12 if the union doesn't have a stronger resolve to force them to do them. I just don't understand why any district wouldn't!!! They still only have to look at the ONE person they are getting. Any answers out there?!?!

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't count on a grievance helping you in regards to a mutual swap being denied. I had a swap arranged years ago and my PM denied to other party on very flimsy grounds. The union grieved it but did not aggressively pursue the issue. It took about 4 more months to get a denial. By that time I had taken a straight transfer and they said the issue was moot!

Posts: 13 | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post