Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In Review Login/Join

posted Hide Post
My transfer request for city carrier was received by the new district a few weeks ago. I just looked at the status of my request on ereassign and everything is dated from that initial date. The last item listed says "Selecting Official/Human Resources indicated that he/she will be processing this request according to APWU contractual rules."

WTF does that mean?

Posts: 14 | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you transferring from a carrier to a clerk? Or vice versa? All that means is they are reviewing your attendance, safety, etc... it shouldn't take long. Where are you and where are you going?

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a city carrier staying in craft, hoping to go from FL to VA. Does the APWU part mean that they need to see if excesses clerks get first crack at any openings?

posted Hide Post
Is it hard to get a transfer on e-reassign? I started the process on 8/24 I was just wandering when should I see a status change? Also, does anyone know what the 21 day clerk craft transfer means on e-reassign? Thanks

Posts: 10 | Location: Atlanta, Ga. | Registered: 07 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you say you started the process 8/24, did you request for a specific office that you want or did you respond to a Reassignment Opportunity that was listed?
I found out by calling the HR person in the district I applied to that they have to check if any clerks are on Priority Reassignent (meaning they get any openings that come up) and there weren't so my transfer was approved in less than two months. That district put me In Review 8 days after I applied for that particular office, but I had been On Hold for other offices in the same district for almost a year (you need to extend the request after a year, don't forget this).
BTW all Reassigment Opportunites have been pulled off of eReassign within the past few days.