Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    WA. Wenatchee to Calif. : Lancaster, tehachapi, Mojave, Bakersfield, Redding
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WA. Wenatchee to Calif. : Lancaster, tehachapi, Mojave, Bakersfield, Redding Login/Join

posted
1994 seniority date. cheap area to live. 20 yrs in the pacific nw, time to go home.
contact bob at: alaskabob@genext.net OR TEXT to 509-393-6374

This message has been edited. Last edited by: alaskabob,

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob, I would just negotiate to not do it until spring, that way contract should be done and we will know where things stand for next 4 years. Also if things go south you could still decline reassign. Scott

Posts: 104 | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
start planning now for a move this spring or summer. letters of intent need to be sent, interviews , housing , etc. sooner you lock in a transfer date the better. then you can start moving foward

posted Hide Post
1994 puts you 12 from the top of 50 carriers. 1 just retired and one is going for the voma job

posted Hide Post
check craig's list to get an idea of housing cost in this area.

posted Hide Post
snow skiing 20min. water skiing, boating, fishing, hunting, etc. all the things you can't do living in the desert. (unless you drive really far)

posted Hide Post
lake chelan is 35 miles north of wenatchee. i lived there since 94. its a resort town of 4k , on a huge man made lake 55 miles long. just moved to entiat last aug. a town of 300, 15 miles north of wenatchee on the columbia river. i cross 2 rivers driving to work, and a third on my way to my rt in e. wenatchee. we have great bus system you can take if you don't want to drive. 1.25 one way to entiat and 2.50 to chelan. runs year round. there are 3 dams on the columbia river close by and 1 on lake chelan. they all produce electricty, that keeps it cheap.

posted Hide Post
chelan has great schools for kids. my friends had kids that went there, mine are grown and out of the house.this pic is on the east side of the columbia river looking to the west towards seattle.

posted Hide Post
the columbia is the largest river west of the mississipi

posted Hide Post
NO STATE TAX OUT OF YOUR CHECK !!!!!

posted Hide Post
At his point, your post has become like a blog. Some views are probably just to see what you've written since your last post 12 hours ago.

Posts: 47 | Registered: 18 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if you have never delivered in the snow before, it can be interesting.it creates a little o.t. to say the least.

posted Hide Post
Hi Bob, sorry no one interested. Still have 2 maybe 3 carriers retiring in next 6 months. Seems everyone is waiting on contract and what congress is going to do. Only option is probably ereassign. Scott

Posts: 104 | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
look at it this way ... congress is going to do, whatever. the contract is going to be whatever. but right now we have the trade option. use it while we still have it. if you want to get out of ca. and live in wa state, lets go for it. lancaster , mojave, cal-city, bakersfield.

posted Hide Post
Gotta agree with bob on this one. Im a 24 year vet of the USPS. And if I had listened to the doom and gloom speeches that they gave us a year or 2 after I started, I would have quit right then. Im not worried about what congress or management or the union is going to do. I go to work everyday, do my job as best I can, go home and come back the next day and do it again. If you want to transfer or trade to a place that is better for you and your family, I say go for it. Im working on a few options now myself to get to a place I want to settle and retire.

Posts: 126 | Registered: 08 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post