Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    ny to florida $moving expns paid$
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ny to florida $moving expns paid$ Login/Join

posted Hide Post
i live on the beach up here...you would feel right at home...hey tera have you given any thought to my email...thanks

Posts: 167 | Registered: 04 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
has anyone heard of any new movement...

posted Hide Post
certain areas are starting to open up. But until FSS is implemented nationwide, sporadic Article 12 still exists

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks wags...but what does article 12 mean..

posted Hide Post
cost of living on LONG ISLAND N.Y.is too high for me to move,im staying in florida....(JACKSONVILLE)IM LOOKING TOWARDS WEST COAST OF FLORIDA...THANKS AND GOOD LUCK.

Posts: 23 | Registered: 04 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
offer still stands..

posted Hide Post
dr, Article 12 is withholding where they don't bring on anyone through E-reassign. The only way you can get somewhere is through a mutual trade. However, if you ARE on E-reassign before TE's were hired and are still having their contracts renewed, the PO is mandated by contract to bring on one person from the E-reassign list for every 3 TE's that they hire or renew. However, your union has to stay on top of this and they have to file a greivance in order for this to happen for you. The PO does not actively follow the contract here.

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey wags thank you ...thats info i didnt know..im gonna check into the numbers..they better hope they didnt screw this up..good luck to you..

posted Hide Post
Hey Danny, regarding the hiring of T.E.'s: a few months ago (thanks to you) I had my shop steward send a letter to the National Bus. Agent in the Florida District. Not only did they tell me where I was on the list for e-reassign, but they also wanted to know how many T.E.'s were hired in the last 6 months. The only office (on my list) that hired T.E.'s was Clearwater they hired 7 T.E.'s Needless to say of my 5 choices for florida, I am #15 on clearwater's list. Not too sure I would file a grievance in order to get down there, not exactly a great first impression in your new office!! But, no one's going to look out for you, got to do what you got to do

Posts: 89 | Registered: 09 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forget first impressions! We are so short staffed now pretty much everywhere, management WANTS to hire, but cannot. They are being told to cut O/T but with a skeleton crew what are you supposed to do? If I have to file a grievance to get where I want to go, I will. My work ethic will more than make up for any ill first impressions. If you want to get somewhere, you do anything you can to get there!

posted Hide Post
I guess you didn't read my last sentence. I was only speaking for myself. I do agree with you, however "how strong is your union" for looking out for your best interest? If you find out what we have to do to find out if they are violating the contract can you let me know??

Posts: 89 | Registered: 09 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dachs, I didn't mean to come off as sounding mean or anything. I am just sick of management not following the contract that they agreed to abide by! if we don't we get punished right away. But when they do, well, we have to file a grievance and who knows how long that takes! The union is totally aware of how many and when TE's are being hired. Some turn a blind eye away cause to file a grievance about that is alot of work. But they work for us, so they should be filing at every chance to get someone where they want to go! : )

posted Hide Post
How would south florida do. Fort Lauderdale. I have made 56,000 for the past few years and I do not work my days off. We have plenty of ot here. My seniority is 5/86. Looking to get to Dallas. There is someone from Dallas who wants upstate New York. maybe we could get a three way going. email me at brighteyes119@comcast.net or call me at (954)650-8516. Debbie

Posts: 114 | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
offer still stands..

posted Hide Post
still looking