Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Dearborn, Michigan to San Diego
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dearborn, Michigan to San Diego Login/Join

posted
Looking to start a new life in San Diego. Willing to locate to pretty much any area of the county.

My office is great, we are a big family. Large office, but close. Supervisors and postmasters are very understanding but also take their jobs seriously.

About Dearborn,MI: Dearborn is a nice city, primarily of the Arab/Muslim culture. There will be language barriers(unless you speak Arabic) but in the 3 years of working in this office, I have managed fine. There is OT available upon request. My route is smooth as well. All walking, no businesses.

My seniority is April/2016. I have roughly 13 months in as a Regular, but started as a CCA in May/2014.

Cost of living in the Detroit district is very cheap in comparison to other major cities. Insurance rates outside of the heart of the city, decrease. Detroit is actually on the way up. I just have been here most of my life and would like to experience other places. I also have family in Alpine, and Rancho Santa Margarita.

If you are willing to deal with winter, you will love it here. Plenty to do and see.

Any questions, please contact me here or here: vinylkng@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Edit: we also have a brand new fleet of 2 Tons and the new dodge postal vans.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 19 May 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you still looking for a transfer?

Posts: 14 | Registered: 04 January 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post