Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Ereassignments will be opening up through out the country
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ereassignments will be opening up through out the country Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I have received an e-mail the hr has received my application. That was 3 weeks ago. Does anybody knows what the next step is? And how long does something like this takes?

Posts: 46 | Location: United States | Registered: 12 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marlon5656, I thought they could only back 5 years but when I transfered in 2003 they went back to the day I was hired in 1984. They had issues with me slipping on snow and ice 3 times in 19 years.

Posts: 104 | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaeger28:
I have received an e-mail the hr has received my application. That was 3 weeks ago. Does anybody knows what the next step is? And how long does something like this takes?

Don't get your hopes up, it doesn't mean much of anything. I really don't know the reason for the emailed response. I've got 35 requests in and have gotten the same email multiple times over the last 3 years and it hasn't meant anything.

Posts: 133 | Registered: 17 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have school age children, I will advice every carriers from NY, NJ, and New England area that North Carolina is the perfect place to transfer. After they graduated from college, then if you want you can retired to Florida. North Carolina is the perfect place to send your kids to college. I transfered from NJ in 1994.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can someone give me insight on what the "HOLD" Status means on the first choice Bid cluster request on e reassign. Thanks

Posts: 20 | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told it means there are requests ahead of yours. All mine are also on hold, even though there were 4 openings for one city I requested.

Posts: 29 | Registered: 11 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know where or how I can find out how many people are ahead of me on the request that I have put in for E reassign. I have put in request to Florida in the Suncoast District and in the South Florida District. If anybody has a point of contact that I can use to find out that will be great. Thanks

Posts: 46 | Location: United States | Registered: 12 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There isn't anything available in the suncoast district.I called 2 days ago and spoke to the transition officer in charge of it. She told me there is nothing available in the orlando area. The only thing available was Daytona beach and some for tampa. Here is the number in which you can call 813 354 6275. I am currently being reassigned to Ft Lauderdale.

Posts: 321 | Location: bronx ny | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Issac hit me up.

Posts: 49 | Location: Hollywood, Miramar, Pembroke Pines | Registered: 24 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JonB- a supervisor of mine once told me that the rule of thumb is: you should have about 70% of your possible sick leave available, roughly 70 hours per year of service. That doesn't mean it always holds true, we had a carrier transfer to another district and she always used up her sick leave each year.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a story. I put my request in to Jacksonville fla in December. I Checked up on it in March because my status remained on hold.
I was told by the HR pesron there, that they were not acceptins transfers because of CCA hiring. I spoke to the union in Jacksonville fl, they went to the Hr and ALL OF A SUDDEN, my status changed to being in REVIEW! That was March 19th. I received a letter from the transition clerk stating thay I needed to fill out a form and have it back to them in 30 days or else my ereassignment request would be revoked......The funny thing is I did not get the form with the letter. So, I notifed the transition clerk and she said to disreguard that portion of the letter, that it was a old format. 30 days later, my status (APRIL 22) when BACK to being on HOLD! I once again I had to contact my union and they will check on this Tuesday! KEEP TRACK OF YOUR STUFF PEOPLE! GET YOUR UNION INVOLVED!

Posts: 51 | Location: nashville tn | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The same thing happened to me but I corrected it. It seems that a lot of these so call NALC branches are not doing what they get paid to do. I spoke to several branches in Florida where I want to go. It appeared that Branch 1091 has not been doing what the NALC March 19th MOU regarding transfers. I personally called and spoke to the VP and 2 of his associates ,asking them questions regarding transfers. The first thing and only thing that came out there mouths were. We have to wait and see on the plant that was just closed to place people in open slots. I tried to explain to him that this MOU clearly states for PTF's and Full time CARRIERS. Need to say they had no openings what so ever in the entire Orlando Florida and surrounding Area(Unlikely). Some of our so call unions delgetes need to find other employment where they cannot harm others. Rolando should do away with slackers that dont follow nor help us nor follow simple directions...

Posts: 321 | Location: bronx ny | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will post my results once the Jacksonville's VP checks on it Tuesday. Honestly, I feel that they (HR services) saw that I had a good attendence, no letter of warnings and a good driving record and they are just trying to find another way not to let me in. As I told the VP, I can understand it still being in REVIEW, but not back on hold!

Posts: 51 | Location: nashville tn | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tampa union is saying the same thing that we have to wait.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 11 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waiting on the Atlanta District to have openings. Already have posted multiple request on ereassign. If anyonewould know the best way of obtaining the reassignment officer for the Atlantaarea it would be most appreciated. It seems they try and keep these numbers so secret. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 16 | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post