Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Ereassignments will be opening up through out the country
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ereassignments will be opening up through out the country Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Good luck at trying to find your standing. I have been on a waiting list for the sun coast district and in south Florida area and it is impossible to find your standards. If anybody know how I can find my Standing in those location please let me know.

Posts: 46 | Location: United States | Registered: 12 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just did that for athens ga. Just contact your district person handleing ereassigns. I did and they contacted the ereassign person in Atlanta district and told me I was #15...that simple

Posts: 29 | Registered: 25 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff really appreciate it. I know since I just requested them last night Im way down the list but its a start! I will call tomorrow and get ajump on this process. Thanks again!

Posts: 16 | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jaeger if you get no response from south florida, contact the local. There was some postings for Miami.

Posts: 29 | Registered: 11 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Vice President in Jacksonville, told me that Jacksonville has not opened up their vacanices yet. The policy is to get all PFT's converted by the year 2016. He told me to try the postal Record and to go to the NALC website and view vacancies. They only place on the list that has vacancies listed in Fl is Miami.

These are the steps to check the NALC website.

www.nalc.org

Click on "DEPARTMENTS"

Click on "City Delivery"

Click "Updated list of vacancies available for transfer opportunities (as of May 13)"

This will give you the list of ALL current Vacancies. Hope this helps.

Posts: 51 | Location: nashville tn | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My thing is......How can they hire ALL THESE CCA's but not allow transfers?

Posts: 34 | Registered: 19 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent this to the Nalc office .>>>>

I am sending you this article that was posted over 2 months ago. It appears what was written and what has been actually happened are totally 2 different criteria's . I am a 20 years veteran with an exceptional working record. I applied to several offices in Florida my first choice was Orlando Florida home of branch 1091. I contacted this union in the beginning of the so call MOU on filling vacancies. There reply was there are no vacancies because of the closing of a plant near by. I again reminded this individual whom was the Vice president of this branch that according to the MOU ON FILLING VACANCIES this was open for letter carriers only.My own union branch 36 even contacted them and they again told him the same nonsense. The same happened at serveral areas through out the country ..Atlanta Georgia...Tampa Florida..Charlotte North Carolina Etc. This was suppose to be for letter carriers place ptf..unassigned regulars and transfer carrier carriers to there destination. It appears no one has been monitoring these so call branches that suppose to fight for us and allowed management to place Plant closures and even CCA in filling in whatever positions that were available. I have spoken with almost 930 carriers so far who are all on the verge of cutting themselves loose from the union as it doesnt really pay for us to pay union dues for union personal that don't know how to follow simple instructions as to what was written and agreed above..

And they replied this to me!!!

Hi,

Upon receiving your email, I sent it to the Florida region NALC National Business Agent. Here is what she said:

"Orlando is under proper withholding.

Both Suncoast and North FL district are using e-reassign to allow transfers. You can let him know the NBA is monitoring to ensure no other craft person was approved to transfer from e-reassign and if this happens, NALC Director of City Delivery Lew Drass will be notified.

Also, Atlanta still has PTFs to convert to residual vacancies.

Lastly, they take e-reassign in order. If a carrier is not in the top few carriers on the list, they may not be reached."

She also asked that if you have any further questions, to give her office a call at 954-964-2116.

Fraternally,
Mike Shea
Web Editor
nalc.org

Posts: 321 | Location: bronx ny | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sioux Falls SD has several carriers leaving with ereasign. Just had one leave for portland OR yesterday...may be taking a while to roll things out...it IS the Gov't...I am waiting for postings in Atlanta district too...

posted Hide Post
Waiting desperately for "ANYTHING" in northern Michigan, been looking for almost 7 years now. Hopefully something will open soon!!!!!

Posts: 133 | Registered: 17 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MOU was set to expire the 24th of May, anyone know if they extended it again? List hasn't been updated since May 13th as well. Anyone know what it means if that mou dud expire??

posted Hide Post
The rumor I am hearing is that it was NOT extended and things will start to happen real soon.

posted Hide Post
Meaning more openings will be posted???

posted Hide Post
Jonw, I don't know what it means. But, Nashville hired a lot of CCA's and we still had ptf's. But, Nashville has been excepting ereassigments and NASHVILLE'S VACANICES HAVE NEVER BEEN POSTED ON THAT VACANCY LIST. So, what gives?

Posts: 51 | Location: nashville tn | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vacancies being filled that weren't ever posted? Any clue if they were posted on ereassign? Lots of places have hired cca's yet still have ptfs. My little office in Midland Michigan has, as well as others nearby. Just hoping like hell something opens up north of me!!

posted Hide Post
Jonw , talk to veldiver the reassign he got was not on the erreasign. Some districts posted, some did not. You have to stay up on them because this has not been a smooth and transparent process.Did you contact district you want and ask?

Posts: 29 | Registered: 11 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post