Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Excessing carriers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Excessing carriers Login/Join

posted
I hear all kinds of talk about the possibilty of excessing carriers within a 500 mile radius, but has it happened anywhere? Does anyone actually have proof of any carriers actually being excessed? If so, what have they been told? I am a carrier in Arizona and nothing has happened here... at least yet. Thanks!

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either Dallas or Houston(can't remember) is under article 12, and jobs are being held as far away as OKC.

So yeah, their carriers are facing excessing.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 26 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in Minneapolis, I have heard we are on a hiring freeze until carriers in Kansas City are found jobs as far as 500 miles away.

Posts: 72 | Registered: 10 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I understand the whole country is under Article 12, but has anyone actually been told that they are being excessed as a carrier or a clerk and has actually done it and been sent somewhere else? Or is this all just a possibility of excessing?

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi. i am from northern nj. There were excessing a clerk from my husbands office unless they had a volunteer to go to a different office. My husband took a differnt town because it was a better office, he wasn't the lowest regular. I heard they are getting rid of 3 more clerks. as far as routes on the carrier side, if you have vacant routes in your office, they will be filled in by excessing elsewhere.

Posts: 25 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excess my ass to Vegas

Posts: 20 | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We do have Clerks transfering into the area of Austin,TX. from other areas, was told that the PTF's that were turning reg. lost out to these Clerks but this is to change back, maybe.

Posts: 307 | Registered: 11 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes, PTF's should be made regulare before the clerks come in unless they are level 6 clerks

posted Hide Post
They've excessed 120 positions, both clerks and carriers in Cleveland Ohio and are sending them to MI and Columbus, OH.

Posts: 14 | Location: Columbus | Registered: 02 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can you be voluntarily be excessed to an office that neeeds carriers without losing your seniority? less or more than 500 miles away.

Posts: 46 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post