Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    PTFs making regular?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PTFs making regular? Login/Join

posted
I've notice alot of cities are accepting transfers on E-reassign so Im just curious if any PTFs has been made into regulars yet or soon?

Posts: 24 | Registered: 20 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know that Portland, Oregon, has settled a grievance whereby around 40 PTFs are to be converted to regular carriers after the 1st paycheck. You can contact NALC-Portland chapter and enquire if you are interested. Good luck.

Posts: 44 | Registered: 05 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm actually in the process of becoming regular. I'm in the Atlanta district, and evidently there was a grievance filed in Marietta, GA. The result was 5 PTF carriers becoming regular in the Atlanta district. The process is not complete, but it's a done deal. The arbitrator(or whoever it was) ruled that the Postal service violated Article 12 by not converting us. I have been on the same unassigned route for 1 yr 9 mo. The funny thing is, Ive been trying to transfer for the past year because my wife had to relocate. In a span of 1 month, I've been told I'm going regular AND my transfer request has been approved. So, of course, I'm gonna stay a PTF so I can be with my wife.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 22 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Thats kinda good to hear. So how long are they PTFs for until making regular? Im trying to relocate to either Florida or Texas. I havent heard any PTFs making regular down there yet . . Unless Im wrong? = /

Posts: 24 | Registered: 20 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's interesting to see this posting I work in Upstate NY Albany District, no word on PTF's making regular yet. Myself and a couple co-workers of mine have been waiting years to make regular then Article 12 happened and we have been getting the runaround ever since. Hoping to see some action soon our office is very shorthanded like most others and some of us have been on longterm holddowns just waiting for our chance to finally make regular, don't understand why approvals would be happening only in certain parts of the country, maybe the NALC can address this on a National basis!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suflex, I saw the posting that Nevada statewide is accepting transfers. So, these PTFs is from transfers.

Posts: 66 | Registered: 22 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post