Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    eReassign ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

eReassign ?? Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know if transfers have picked up much in the last few months? I've had an offer but the hours looked a bit dubious...I've had over 50 requests in and some have been just over a year now.
My family is in the Seattle area and we're looking to relocate somewhere in the NW that is affordable like eastern WA, ID, MT, etc.

Any ideas?
I'm at a small island beach office in North Carolina.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A fellow carrier in FL I used to work with just got reassigned to Houston! They need 5 carriers...

Posts: 78 | Registered: 10 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YOU SHOULD TRY TO SWAP INSTEAD OF E-REASSIGN. PTFS WILL REMAIN AS PTFS INDEFFINITELY WHEN THEY PASS TO THE 5 DAY WORK WEEK.THEY MAY CANCEL THE WHOLE SYSTEM PER MANAGEMENT AS THERE WILL NO LONGER BE A NEED WHEN THE 5 DAY WORK WEEK IS IMPLEMENTED. THE T6 WILL TAKE ANY OPENNINGS OVER PTFS.THE DEBT THE HAVE IS VERY OVERWHELMING.THEY HAVE TO DO SOMETHING AS THEY ARE OUT OF MONEY AND SEVERLY IN THE RED..PROTECT YOURSELF NO ONE ELSE WILL.PTFS ARE NOT GUARANTEED 40 HRS EITHER!THEY COULD CANCEL SWAPS TOO UNTIL THINGS STABILIZE.IT IS ALL A BIG MESS.I HEARD FORCED LAY OFFS ARE POSSIBLE AS WELL.EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET TO WHERE EVER THEY ARE GOING WHILE THEY STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO DO SO.

Posts: 48 | Registered: 24 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you should just take texas

Posts: 106 | Registered: 12 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How close is your office to Raleigh?
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Craig:
Does anyone know if transfers have picked up much in the last few months? I've had an offer but the hours looked a bit dubious...I've had over 50 requests in and some have been just over a year now.
My family is in the Seattle area and we're looking to relocate somewhere in the NW that is affordable like eastern WA, ID, MT, etc.

Any ideas?
I'm at a small island beach office in North Carolina.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Posts: 134 | Registered: 30 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How Close are you to Raleigh. I live in Olympia WA. Just about an hour from Seattle.

Posts: 134 | Registered: 30 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Julie, do you know a girl named Karen who is looking to transfer to Tucson? She works in Olympia. Is she serious do you know? Thanks!

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
would you consider a mutual exchange to Anchorage, Alaska. There isn't any State or Sales Tax, plus everyone who lives in Alaska get a permanent fund dividend check, (1100.00 to 2000.00) a year Also 23% Tax Free T-COLA Call Greg @ (907) 529-7852 or email conlon1750@gci.net

Posts: 19 | Registered: 02 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Portland is OK a grievance was settled that created 40 openings for transfers that should become regular in about 6 months. If you're interested contact the local there for details. As far as Seattle is concerned the only way to get here is to swap.

Posts: 5 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 19 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
hi
I am in seattle district and if you are interested in puyallup wich is 35 to 49 minutes from seattle puyallup have great co-worker good peoples nice place to raise kids and good school

fn

Posts: 4 | Registered: 18 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WJH Is the greivance for just the portland offices or does it cover the portland district. There are stand alones such as Forest Grove Eugene etc that are desirable moreso than living in Portland.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The notice I saw just said Portland.Contact the Portland Local for details.

Posts: 5 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 19 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Craig

What about Olympia WA

Posts: 70 | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fedil:
hi
I am in seattle district and if you are interested in puyallup wich is 35 to 49 minutes from seattle puyallup have great co-worker good peoples nice place to raise kids and good school

fn

Posts: 4 | Registered: 18 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post