Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Needing some help...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Needing some help... Login/Join

posted
I need some advice from those of you who have had successful swaps to another state. I have a mutual, willing to swap with me. My record is good. His, not so good. My PM doesn't want him and denied the transfer. I got my Union Rep involved to file a grievance but he seemed to side with my PM and pretty much told me to forget about it. I mean, why do we pay these guys dues for? Who's side are they on? I'm not taking no for an answer. Where can I turn to next? Any advice would be appreciated.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 13 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to the Union President. He should be able to better help. Also when elections for shop stewards you can have your guy voted out.

Posts: 17 | Location: Ridley Park, PA (Philadelphia, PA suburb) | Registered: 25 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to the Union President. He should be able to better help. Also when elections for shop stewards you can have your guy voted out. Especially if he for Management.

Posts: 17 | Location: Ridley Park, PA (Philadelphia, PA suburb) | Registered: 25 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to your Union President! If that doesnt work out then go above him to your local Business Agent and if that still doesnt pan out then file a complaint with the labor board!

Posts: 133 | Registered: 17 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tell your pm youll become worse than the guy who he would be getting...every safety issue would be reported...every little detail that would drive him crazy will be done for the rest of your career..tell your union person about every unit ...every possible thing that you want grieved... unfortunatly its always the pains that get what they want...so once in a while you have to play that game

Posts: 167 | Registered: 04 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have transfered 3 times by doing mutual trade, one of which was a 3-way trade. Everything in the swap is at the discretion of the PM. Local steward , district or national have no legal recourse on this matter. your best bet is to appease the PM and bend over backwards to get his signature. Good luck.

Posts: 44 | Registered: 05 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard that afteteevery 3rd hire they have to take a transfer.I think everytime they hire or rehire a te it counts as a new hire. File..

Posts: 5 | Registered: 20 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the only time the hiring comes into play is for e-assign not a mutual swap. The process for transfers is all at the pleasure of the pm and is stated so in the contract. you may be able to appease the pm somehow but he has the control and unless you canfind out that it is willful that the denial to trade is used you are SOL

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post