Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    swap help need to no how
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

swap help need to no how Login/Join

posted
hi need to no how do you do a swap with another person

Posts: 17 | Registered: 21 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is your final destination? Where are you?

Posts: 29 | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
contact a person where you want to go and if they want where you are at, then do a mutual swap, it is in the contract...

so, where are you and where are you wanting to go??

i'm in Joliet, IL if that helps you.....

Rick jukeboxdj@aol.com

Posts: 773 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 20 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you iam in md in going to pa but i dont no were to get the paper work from to do swap do you no were to get the paper work from to fill out

posted Hide Post
if you don't mind going as a ptf all you have to do is go on ereasign on the postal website. If you are planning on getting a mutual tansfer you have to find someone who you are going to transfer with. remember you both will get the lowest mans seniority date. After you have worked out who you are transferring with yo need to contact your local personel office to get all of the proper paperwork. They will need to contact both employees workplace and get copies of all of the paperwork in your files. Make sure all grievance paperwork has been removed before you go through the process. Make sure the person you are transferring ewith has perfect driving record and perfect attendance. If they have used it as fmla it will not be held against them. After you have contacted personel you will need to stay on top of personel and their paperwork. You will both need to write letters of request to the postmasters of the areas you are going to. But personel should tell you all of that. I have had people retire and the new person filed the paperwork as changed status. Hope this helps. Good Luck. It may take a while...

Posts: 114 | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
bowie md, email me and I can give you a sample letter I made up to try to make a change easier for the lazy dumb-ass Postmasters...

Rick jukeboxdj@aol.com

Posts: 773 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 20 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bowie I'm in Pittsburgh pa ! If u know any1 from south florida wanting md we can do a 3way ! Thanks

Posts: 197 | Registered: 22 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dolfan:
Bowie I'm in Pittsburgh pa ! If u know any1 from south florida wanting md we can do a 3way ! Thanks

ok if i find someone i will let you no thank you in what part of pa are you in

posted Hide Post
I work out of moon/coraopolis office which is about 20 min from downtown Pittsburgh my seniority is 10/03 keep me posted thanks

Posts: 197 | Registered: 22 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post