Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    DELETED - TOPIC CLOSED
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DELETED - TOPIC CLOSED Login/Join

posted
DELETED - TOPIC CLOSED

This message has been edited. Last edited by: suflex,

Posts: 392 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
ok, so what...who cares what happens to Postmasters, most of them are ***holes anyway..... so why post their crap on our website?

just a thought, maybe they will stop us too, something else to get back to us..

Posts: 773 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 20 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our postmaster had posted this in our post office, also, in error. It applies only to managers/supervisors.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you guys sure it does not affect carriers trying for a mutual swap. I would really like to know for sure.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 06 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in the process of a mutual and so far it's still a go. I talked with my human resource and like Steven Murray said, "it only applies to managers/supervisors." When I first heard about this...I went to the NALC website and there was no indication of such an event affecting the letter carrier craft...hope this helps Smiler

Posts: 17 | Registered: 01 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys the FREEZE is for ALL of US.....Please go to this website: governmentexecutive.com dated Sept 23,2008..We are all screwed...

Posts: 48 | Registered: 24 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once you go to the website, where do you find the information?

Posts: 12 | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I talked to the person in charge of doing paperwork for swaps today and he told me they are still doing carrier swaps.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 06 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I attended the COPE convention in Las Vegas on Sunday and spoke with our union pres. Bill Young. It doesn't look like any transfers,swaps. e-assigns or movement of any type will be allowed until the post office straightens out its' financial mess. He said he is going to address this with postal authorities but has no idea if any progress will be made.He is concerned that management will go back to contracting out our jobs again.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Douglas
posted Hide Post
guy in my office is leaving this weekend with an e-reasignment, Not sure I understand what he means no transfers ? Please help

Posts: 193 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, hr may have been approved before the freeze went into effect. From what I gathered from talking to Bill Young is that the post office was putting a total freeze in place. He did say that it's possible that in extreme situations that they may allow transfers, but that the free movement is being suspended for the time being.

posted Hide Post
Douglas, Where did he get e-reassigned to? How long did he wait for it to come thru? thanks, Bill

Posts: 43 | Registered: 04 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An update about mutual trades. They are allowed according to the BA for my region. E-transfers are on hold as are new hires and upgrades.