Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

eReassign Login/Join

posted
Question. What does this mean??? Is it good or bad or either???

"Selecting Official made a decision."

All of my info has been requested from my current location.

Thanks!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 29 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello there, Patrick. I too am in a similar scenario with "ereassign."

I am a PTF "in review" for a transfer to NY. Here is what my progress currently says:

Date: 12/06/2008
Event: BUMGARNER, LINUEL L submitted a request to the ... District.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 12/09/2008
Event: Human Resources received the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event: Human Resources set the following choice(s) In Review:
...(NY) POST OFC - INSHD CARRIER (CITY), Level 01 CARRIER (CITY), Level 01;

Eligibility:
Has the employee met their 12 or 18 month contractual obligations? Yes

Event: Employee meets initial qualifications.

Event: Human Resources generated Consideration letter.

Event: Human Resources requested information from Colorado / Wyoming District.

Event: Human Resources requested online supervisor evaluation from
supervisor.

Event: Supervisor completed online supervisor evaluation.

Date: 12/10/2008
Event: Human Resources requested information from Colorado / Wyoming District.

Throughout the process HR Users will use letter templates to notify an employee of actions (acknowledgement of request, request information, notify of decision). Once a release date has been coordinated with the employee's current HR office outside of eReassign, HR Users officially request that the employee be released in HCES through eReassign and close requests with appropriate comments in eReassign.

Sounds to me like you've reached the end, and you should be notified with a decision.

I had some questions for you, since I'm further behind in the process (if you wouldn't mind answering them)...

1.) How long did it take for your review status to reach the "decision" template?
2.) Did you ever receive a physical "consideration letter" etc. in the mail?

Best of luck!

Posts: 15 | Registered: 07 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi guys. I've also reached the "Selecting official made a decision" stage in my eReassign adventure. However, I was in contact with the Union President in that area so I knew what was going on. In my case, it meant that I was approved to transfer.

My transfer was approved and I did not(yet) receive the consideration letter, but I did get a phone call from HR in the new district to schedule a move date.

My eReassign info went from "Supervisor completed online supervisor evaluation"on 9/15/2008 to "Human Resources assigned the request " and "Selecting Official made a decision" on 12/4/2008.

That was a long, hard wait.

So Patrick1969, you should be getting a call soon. Best wishes.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 26 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sup guys? Maybe you guys can help me out also? Im actually in the middle of an exchange not reassign. Me and other carrier submitted our request for an exchange late Oct and I called my Postmaster today and he told me its going through reassign? I didnt know reassign plays a role in a mutual exchange? I called him to basically find out if its going to go thru? or not. I got to find a place and etc and so does the other carrier im switching with. I also heard that they give you 2 weeks to get to your new station? Is that true? and how long from this point to get a yes or no? I know theres a freeze now. I dont care. I need to leave after Jan anyways.

Posts: 24 | Registered: 20 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Jerry.

eReassign is really a way for Human Resources to keep track of the paperwork. So, as long as your papers have been approved through the receiving installation, you shouldn't have to wait for eReassign to "approve" anything. Not sure if you're a Union member, but I would definitely contact your local Union Hall on this one.

As far as the "two weeks notice," I know that once the transfer has been approved it's really up to the receiving and losing installations to decide when you will be needed. Although, I believe the receiving installation has to give the losing installation at least a thirty day notice.

There is really a major "withholding" that has spread. Protected under Article 12, the Post Office has the right to withhold routes due to excessing. Seems to me like they've put the cart (FSS machines) before the horse (work force).

posted Hide Post
quote:
LBumgarner

Bad news LBumgarner,

The other guy backed out on me 3 days ago. I dont know if its too late for him to cancel but im already looking for another switch. I was told his Postmaster accepted me would it be too late for him?

posted Hide Post
Hey Jerry! Talk to a steward from your Union Hall, but it's my understanding that once a transfer has been approved (postmater, paperwork, etc.) I don't believe either party can just "back-out" at the last minute. Definitely look into it!

posted Hide Post
LBumgarner,

I will talk with a steward first thing tomorrow. I hope it backfires on this guy. I flew 1300 miles to walk his route with him and everything.

posted Hide Post
Wow your transfer went thru really quickly. Ive had mine in since 1/11/08 with no transfer in sight. Did you do something special? Any tips?

Posts: 7 | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THIS WHOLE THING WITH TRANSFERING STINKS.I HAD A LONG AND DIFFICULT TRANSFER TO FLORIDA AND NOW CAN NOT GET TRANSFERED OUT.I WAS IN REVEIW FOR MONTHS THEN THIS WHOLE "ON HOLD THING" HAPPENED AND THEY REMOVED ME FROM REVIEW.NOW I HEARD THOSE THAT GET CHOSEN HAVE TO SIGN PAPERWORK STATING THEY WILL AGREE TO BEING EXCESSED AND SENT TO ANOTHER STATION IF THE TRANSFER STATION DECREASES ROUTES.PTFS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POLE AND WE ARE NOW AT THERE MERCY WITH THE SERIOUS MONEY CRUNCH THEIR IN.YOU CAN BE EXCESSED UP TO 500 MILES RADIUS.I WILL NEVER TRANSFER AS A PTF NOW FOR SURE! I AM NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES.I CAN NOT AFFORD TO MOVE WHENEVER THEY NEED ME TOO.

Posts: 48 | Registered: 24 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DENNIS,

That sucks. I hope its not the same for a mutual exchange. From what my union told me, I will be an unassigned regular in the district. Not sure about moving within 500 mile radius and all that.

posted Hide Post
received a reply from a district i requested a reassign but was told didnt meet the 12 or 18 contractual obligation. How do i know which ogligation do I need to meet. Is it 12 or 18 months. I transferred thru e reassign back in feburary doing the same job.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Dennis-Im in the same boast as you. Put in a transfer on 7/23/07 went to review right away and then last Nov it went back to on hold. It stinks b/c we sold our house and bought another in the south! Any suggestions or ideas to help speed the process. Have you had any luck getting info? Any help would be greatly appreciated as my wife and kids have already relocated to Sc and In stuck in NY waiting!

Posts: 64 | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put in for Reassignment 6 months ago. Idid everything i was told to do. Is there anything my supervisor needs to do. I saw someone post "Supervisor completed online supervisor evaluation" Any help would be great thanks.

Posts: 19 | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After my supervisor sent my evaluation my request disappeared...what does this mean??

Posts: 22 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 08 May 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post