Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Important Question Regarding Mutual Swaps!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Important Question Regarding Mutual Swaps!! Login/Join

posted
Hello fellow members, i am making this thread to ask a little about mutual swaps.

currently I am wanting and searching a way how I can swap back to the north around the northern nj area (or even near the nj ny area of orange county NY).

My situation is that I currently have someone that might be interested in swapping with me, but due to how I helped a fellow post office carrier in another location in orlando, fl and helped him swap to my location close to titusville where he lives, i have less than a year but more than six months in my current location.

The problem is that I have heard that you need at least a year at your current location before swapping again. I have also heard that you can get this expemted if you can have your post master give you the permission which I have, but now I am told that need the permission of the area general post master, something like that.

Now I am very confused because I dont know what to do, I have written a letter to this general postmaster explaining my situation and how I need to swap with this person if possible, but what I have come to hear is that this person is kind of a busy and grouchy man and doesnt reply fast, and hasnt given me a reply after I sent this letter about a month ago.

I am wanting to know if this what I need to do, or if there is another way I can find a way I can make a swap. I do appreciate the help, and any suggestions made and help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might consider asking your shop steward, if you're in the union to help you. He/She can also contact the shop steward at the office you want to transfer to----it's worth a try.

Posts: 89 | Registered: 09 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dear postman, all I got to say is good luck because I have been looking to transfer, and in the past 2 yrs. I've contacted numerous postmasters involved, and they never respond.

Posts: 28 | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
postmaster has nothing to do with transfer unless you find a carrier to swap with. e-assign is done by first come on a list from lite blue and that is handled by HR for the district.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hello again, thank you very much for the information. Well what I am asking is for a mutual swap not a transfer, and you need postmaster approval. In my situation since I need my situation expemted I was told I need to contact the general postmaster(not the postmaster from my office but for all orlando, fl) So now what? I am still waiting for reply from this man, and I am wanting to know if there is another way possible to find a way I can get this exempted.

Is there a way that my postmaster can just expemt me or do I have to go to that general postmaster?

I do appreciate the help and information.

thank you very much!!

Posts: 8 | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First see your shop steward and ask for them to speak to the president of your local. That's what I had to do. The pres. took it to the proper person and things started to move. Hopefully you are in the union. Good luck!

Posts: 7 | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have transfere before this time and have waited 18 months then you don't have to wait at all. If it is your first intial exchange, then you have to wait 18 months. I did a transfer in 05 and another one in July of this year and am looking fir another closer to home and since I was at my last place longer than 18 months I can exchange right now I don't have to wait again!

Posts: 32 | Registered: 17 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post