Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Questions about the process of mutual transfer.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions about the process of mutual transfer. Login/Join

posted
My question is, when you become an unassigned regular at your new post office, and that post office has several zip codes and someone senior to you gets the mutual tranfer route that was put up for bid do you get the route of that person or has any of the withholding routes been offered to mutual tranfer letter carriers? Can you opt for out for any of the withholding routes? many thanks

Posts: 61 | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you don't automatically get the route of the person you mutually swapped with. Also any withheld routes are not available. The only routes that are available is ones that are vacated while you arrived.

Posts: 134 | Registered: 30 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when I did my mutual trade, mgt put me on the vacated rte that I traded with as noone opted on it prior to biddng. The same thing with my old rte. It went for bid and we both had the senority to get each others rtes. But the other carrier did opt for a wk on a vacation rte since we got rid of vr's. I am not familar with the term withholding rtes.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, skycap, thats what I was told that the carrier's rte goes up for bid and based on seniorty is what you get but then someone told me about withholding rtes being offered to unassigned regulars as well. Thanks

Posts: 61 | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post