Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Ereassign question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ereassign question Login/Join

posted
If I do the Ereassign will I lose my annual or not get paid holidays?..basically am I like a ptf even though I know there are no more ptf's..as much info would be appreciated thank you

Pat

Posts: 10 | Registered: 02 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no.... you are bottom regular

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so I would still get the 40 hours a week?

posted Hide Post
do you know what it means to be a regular as opposed to a ccs or ptf ?

posted Hide Post
I do but I've asked 100 people questions about this whole thing and got 100 different answers cause no one seems to know the facts about this..so before I make this move I just need to know the facts..I've heard even as a regular when you do this your not guaranteed the 40 hours cause it depends on where you go each area is different

posted Hide Post
reassign is for the purpose or a regular carrier, (with all the benefits of being a reg. 40 hrs a week, pd holidays , etc.) to fill a position that's full time. the only other position in the carrier craft is cca. you cant go from being a reg to a cca. back-in-the-day when we had ptfs ... a regular carrier could transfer to a office that had an opening. they would the give up regular status and become a ptf, with no 40 hr a week guarantee, etc. you actuall went back a step in pay because you got paid more per hr as a ptf. (I know I have 34 yrs in and have transferred 3x and traded 1x)
if you read the postings for the reassign openings they all say "this position 40hrs a week. if it alludes to anything other than that its because you might get more than 40. no opening will be posted for a part time or less than 40 hr, or non reg status. for those positions they will hire a cca.

posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for the info. When I went to do the Ereassign the only carrier position they had was level 1 carrier so I was a little hesitant about doing it. I have 16 years in and would hate to take a cut in pay especially now

posted Hide Post
you have to move down one line to see if there are any t6 openings. no cut in pay unless you move to Oregon ... 9% state tax, ouch! that's like 400 a mo.
you become bottom regular, likely you will get the worst rt in the office too.

posted Hide Post
where are you and where do you want to go ?

posted Hide Post
I'm in Brooklyn NY looking to go to Jersey

posted Hide Post
I just checked All the full time carrier positions in jersey on the Ereassign and they are level 1 which would be a pay cut..they have part time flexible at level 6 but I'm not doing that

posted Hide Post
they have 2 t6 positions. there are no ptf positions anymore

posted Hide Post
they show 49 reg carrier positions open.

posted Hide Post
I know about no more ptf's but it says part time flexible for T6 that's whats throwin me off..what would they consider part time flexables and I asked my boss how much Level 1 gets and he said there are no level 1's right now we're level 6

posted Hide Post
what district are you looking under ?