Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Is there a time limit on transferring again if I just transferred?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a time limit on transferring again if I just transferred? Login/Join

posted
Hey everyone!

I just completed a transfer about 6 months ago and want to transfer again due to family reasons. Does anyone know if I have to wait a specific amount of time or if I can start looking again?

Thanks!

Andy

Posts: 23 | Registered: 19 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes i beleive there is a one year wait before you can transfer again

Posts: 5 | Registered: 12 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is one year. I have heard that for medical issues it can be waived but I not sure.

Posts: 25 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one year no exception for medical reasons i tried that.didn't work.

Posts: 41 | Registered: 12 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is 12 to 18 months unless you are returning to the district that you left

Posts: 34 | Registered: 15 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm getting conflicting answers....12 or 18 months....is this something the union will know or should I contact the local HR?

Thanks,

Andy

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andy28:
Hey everyone!

I just completed a transfer about 6 months ago and want to transfer again due to family reasons. Does anyone know if I have to wait a specific amount of time or if I can start looking again?It depending what state you are right now, and also if there are short of personnel it would take more than 12 months, it has always been between 12 to 18 months and also depending by the Postmaster when he or she would let you go.

Thanks!

Andy

Posts: 107 | Registered: 01 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12 months unless you are transferring back to the same office that you left in the first place

Posts: 104 | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
18 months, if you was a excellent empl at your old place they will take you right away. If you need help talk to your NALC rep.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andy28:
Hey everyone!

I just completed a transfer about 6 months ago and want to transfer again due to family reasons. Does anyone know if I have to wait a specific amount of time or if I can start looking again?Hey where are you now? It you talk to your HR they would let you know when you can transfer again.

Thanks!

Andy

Posts: 107 | Registered: 01 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for all the help! Just found out from labor relations that it's 1 year, (sooner for special circumstances which have to be approved by the PM)