Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    QUESTION ON TRANSFERS Please!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

QUESTION ON TRANSFERS Please! Login/Join

posted
I want to transfer in 2 years. I had a work place injury (hernia) about 6 months ago and missed 3 weeks do to surgery. I went right back to work after 3 weeks. Management even helped with the paper work no problems. If I keep my record clean for 2 yrs ( no accidents and no SL usage, should I be golden for a transfer? Also does anyone know what they look for in you SL usage exactly? I did a mutual transfer from TX to Colorado 7 years ago and I know they looked at my last 2 yrs attendance record. I used one day SL back then. I used COP for my injury. By the way there will not be any record of my inury in my station file Or online OPM folder. you can purge that after one year. Any info please!

Posts: 7 | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
by the way, my work comp case is closed. I closed it right away and I have no restrictions. its as if nothing ever happened. we have a carrier here who transfered here (eresign) from Calafornia and he told me he had filed at least a dozen CA-1's over the years (he's been in for 30 yrs) and he had no record of them in his files when he applied for the transfer here. He also only had a 450 hour balance of his SL after 30 years.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
RJR, It has been my experience that the decision is really up to the Postmaster that's taking you on. I've seen a guy transfer with 0 hrs SL. I've had 2 on the job accidents and when I transfered, it never came up. I had to use a large block of SL following a bad car accident, they didn't care. Of course all PM's are different, but I don't think you'll have a problem at all. Good luck to you.

Posts: 73 | Location: Ellwood City, Pa. | Registered: 01 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
>