Postal Forums
Ereassign transfer question>?

This topic can be found at:
https://postalspot.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6611098312/m/2973986787

15 May 2016, 19:07
NYtymes
Ereassign transfer question>?
Anyone have any info on what happens when you do get approved for a transfer to another state?

Like pay/state tax/benefits/health insurance/annual leave... etc.
19 May 2016, 09:46
alaska mailman
Nothing should change except state taxes maybe different
19 May 2016, 14:17
rpm
Im a steward and looking for a transfer this whole keep us in the dark about where we sit on lists is fishy. Getting hold of my NBA officr for course of action.
20 May 2016, 19:21
NYtymes
Alaska mailman thanks, just want a smooth transition and continuity

to rpm...
I think it's first come, first serve...So every first of the month I would stay up late depending what time zone ur in and see what is posted and go for it.

I was also told by my postmaster that postings can be pulled and then reposted for any number of reasons so u may be on the old posting list even though they pulled it so just keep putting in for what u want every month.
21 May 2016, 14:44
Lookingtogotoflorida
When you say keep putting does that mean keeep applying for the monthly openings or keep putting in for the waiting list because they are two different lists
24 May 2016, 01:40
rpm
So the NBAs office got back to my vice president and the union does recieve a national list of names and what order the individuals have put in for for office. They are logged by time date,name, recieving office, losing office, craft, level. These are recieved by the NBA offices to what I believe is guarterly from national. There are over 25,000 active requests nationaly as of the March 1, 2016 posting. This is probably why the ereasign coordinators don't want to be contacted. Just lots and lots of transfer requests. I was able to see that depending where you want to go some of the lists per office can be quite lengthy. There are many individuals that have been on some of the lists for a couple of years for certain offices, yet there are many offices that dont even have a reassignment waiting list. Infact two of my fellow city carriers asked about certain offices and there were no waiting lists. Also remember to ask in the recieving area if there is an article 12 witholding. This can bring other crafts into play for a carrier slot. If not tough luck for other crafts. Ask your union steward to do some digging for you, and they can get some somewhat relevant info from the local NBA office.
25 May 2016, 18:50
CShaver76
One would figure with "25000" backlogged transfers people would seek out the mutual transfers...
25 May 2016, 20:08
Sju68
Thanks for info rpm. You said two of your buddies noticed two locations with no waiting list. Do you know if they were big metro areas or like smaller stations? Im selling my house in july and just curious if im wasting my time waiting on a transfer. Cant stay in a hotel forever lol. Especially if they're that swamped. Kinda hoping bigger cities might be easier to get transfered to. Appreciate any info.
27 May 2016, 21:25
rpm
It really depends on where you want to go. The more cost of living friendly areas seem to have longer lists. For example Portland Oregon which is a big office multiple stations only has 6 waiting to transfer there. While across the river in vancouver washington (no income tax compared to oregon and its a few minute drive to oregon with no sales tax) has around 40 requests and its a smaller office.
27 May 2016, 21:28
rpm
And the offices the other two carriers were looking at were smaller offices.
28 May 2016, 14:49
CShaver76
How do we get/find these waiting lists?
28 May 2016, 18:45
Sju68
Thank you.
05 June 2016, 19:44
NYtymes
Keep putting in as in keep applying for an office within a district u want to go to. You might not get into the office you want but you can get into an office close by.

I was told that by rule a route must be posted as vacant and open if a carrier has been out sick for past 6 months or a year? Even if he us returning.

Every office waiting time depends on urgency, I got a call by the postmaster for an office I requested the next day to my own postmaster asking about my background.
10 June 2016, 22:26
rpm
Ask your steward or branch officer to get in touch with the national business agents office in your region. They get an updated list from national every 2 months.
11 June 2016, 22:29
alaska mailman
M.ADDLEY- A route is not listed as vacant if a carrier is out on medical. Where did you hear that rule? Totally wrong