Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    NC Coast to NC/SC Mountains or Raleigh area
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NC Coast to NC/SC Mountains or Raleigh area Login/Join

posted
I’m a city carrier on the Coast of NC looking for a move to the NC mountains or possibly the Greenville SC area or Raleigh suburb area.

Thanks
Ryan

Posts: 27 | Registered: 08 April 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan M:
I’m a city carrier on the Coast of NC looking for a move to the NC mountains or possibly the Greenville SC area or Raleigh suburb area.

Thanks
Ryan

Which city are you in? I remember seeing you comment on a post I made before but I was previously just looking for florida but I’m keeping my options more open because I have family in both states.

I’m in a town called China Grove it’s a small office with two city routes the rest are rural. It’s not in the mountains though it’s about 2 hours from ashville, boone, and other mountain areas and also two hours from Raleigh. So it may not be what your looking for.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 05 May 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m in Havelock NC. We have 9 city routes. 30 mins from New Bern (where I live) 30 mins to morehead city.

I just transferred here in December so I’m not sure if I need to wait the 18 months like you do with ereassign? I wanted to be closer to family but I came from NY so I wasn’t going to be too picky where I ended up down here.

Posts: 27 | Registered: 08 April 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan M:
I’m in Havelock NC. We have 9 city routes. 30 mins from New Bern (where I live) 30 mins to morehead city.

I just transferred here in December so I’m not sure if I need to wait the 18 months like you do with ereassign? I wanted to be closer to family but I came from NY so I wasn’t going to be too picky where I ended up down here.

I’m pretty sure you do not have to wait if you do a mutual exchange. I’m in the same position because I just converted in January so I either have to find someone to swap with or wait the year before I go on e reassign. How long did it take you to transfer on reassign? I’ve heard it can take a long time to find something open.

Anyway I’ll go check out Havelock since it’s only about 4 hours from me and see how it is. Just let me know if you think you’ll be interested in this area.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 05 May 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post