Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    How does e-reassign work??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How does e-reassign work?? Login/Join

Yahoo IM
posted
I kind of have an idea but can someone elaborate for me. Don't have much info from HR. thanks!

Posts: 215 | Location: South Florida Branch | Registered: 22 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you're trying to do. What is it you want?

Posts: 14 | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Regular Carrier. Thanks for responding.

Posts: 215 | Location: South Florida Branch | Registered: 22 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Trying to get to NC as a city carrier.

posted Hide Post
I did the ereassignment ...You pick the desire place you want to go to. And after whatever waiting period they have . You will get an Email from Ereassign telling you that they will start the processed. They will send you a letter and you fill it out and then they will conduct a background check..Which is just driving record and sick leave and any write ups. Once your background is done then they will write up a condition letter. Once all of that is done you will have a set date when to start at your new location. Most likely you will start as a junior regular unassigned.

Posts: 321 | Location: bronx ny | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by veldiver:
I did the ereassignment ...You pick the desire place you want to go to. And after whatever waiting period they have . You will get an Email from Ereassign telling you that they will start the processed. They will send you a letter and you fill it out and then they will conduct a background check..Which is just driving record and sick leave and any write ups. Once your background is done then they will write up a condition letter. Once all of that is done you will have a set date when to start at your new location. Most likely you will start as a junior regular unassigned.

Ok, do u loose your seniority???? And do they have a grace period that they take into consideration for far away transfers? Since I'm from Miami going to NC.

Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
You lose your seniority.You become Ptfyour pay scale remains the same

Posts: 6 | Location: Middleton | Registered: 30 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends where u go. Most places you going in as a junior regular. They are not using ptfs anymore since Cca are in place.you should start off as a junior/unassign regular

Posts: 321 | Location: bronx ny | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Wow, they make this so difficult for us. Unreal!thanks for responding!

posted Hide Post
I'm in the process of ereassign from High Point, NC to Portland Oregon. They have 84 vacant city routes. It is done on a first come, first served basis and I am between 10 and 15 on the list. If all goes as planned, I will be able to chose from about 70 different routes. Good luck.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 02 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you shouldn't become a ptf you are supposed to be assigned an open rt.

Posts: 53 | Registered: 29 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post