Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    ANY NEW YORK TO PUERTO RICO TRANSFERS ON EREASSIGN???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ANY NEW YORK TO PUERTO RICO TRANSFERS ON EREASSIGN??? Login/Join

posted
I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO GO TO PUERTO RICO FROM NEW YORK CITY ON EREASSIGN FOR A YEAR AND A HALF AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS GOTTEN A TRANSFFER OR IS IN REVIEW ? - I JUST WANTED TO FEEL LIKE I GOT SOME KIND OF HOPE TO GET REUNITED WITH MY WIFE AND 5 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER.
I HAVE BEEN JUST THINKING OF A LEAVE OF ABSENCE OR MAYBE EVEN JUST QUIT. IT HAS BEEN SO DIFFICULT WITHOUT MY FAMILY -
????COMMENTS?????

Posts: 18 | Registered: 03 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I dont know. Im from long island and trying to get to Florida. Nobody seems to want to get to N.Y. ive been on ereassign for a year now and nothing. Seems that mutal swaps are the only way to go if you can find one. I was thinking about a leave of absence too..but its unpaid, and that even has to get approved. Im thinking about looking into a new career.

Posts: 53 | Registered: 30 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys have you tried a hardship transfer..??

Posts: 13 | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A hardship transfer? I havent heard of that

posted Hide Post
I don't know if i wrote it right, but ask your union,i know is possible if you have a special situation

Posts: 13 | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked my shop stewart but he said the union cannot do anything - i think i will write in a letter to union headquarters.... thanks.

posted Hide Post
well i looked into the hard ship transfer even though they said I was prime example of a hardship transfer they have put that on a freeze as well. Looks like another career will have to be looked into.

posted Hide Post
YES!!!! FINALLY IN REVIEW - HOPE THIS PROCESS GOES BY QUICK - THANK GOD !!! I GUESS ITS JUST A MATTER OF PAINFULL PATIENCE. SmilerLOL WILL KEEP YA POSTED!!!!!

posted Hide Post
Elias, how did this happen? you wrote the letter to union headquarters?

posted Hide Post
What city of Puerto Rico is on review on your tranfer?

Posts: 15 | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post