Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    IN to FL (Also, Question about Offering Incentives: Is This Legal?)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IN to FL (Also, Question about Offering Incentives: Is This Legal?) Login/Join

posted
So I've heard of people offering to pay for another person's moving expenses to help sweeten the deal. I've also wondered if a person could simply offer a blanket incentive, say, $5,000-$10,000.

I started poking around on another postal forum and someone pointed me to this as a potential sticking point: http://www.nalc.org/workplace-...es/manuals/elmc6.pdf

"667.13 Paying for Exchange of Positions
It is unlawful for employees to give or receive payment, directly or indirectly,
to affect an exchange of position in the same or different postal units, or any
place in the public service. This offense is punishable by fine and
imprisonment and disqualification from holding any office in the federal
government."

Does anyone know if this prohibition has mutual exchanges in mind? In other words, is offering to pay moving expenses or any other monetary incentives illegal/prohibited?

I'd like to be able to sweeten the deal, as it were, but I don't want to do anything that would be illegal or wrong.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

----
------
----

I joined the Postal Service in 1995. So I have very nearly 20 years seniority.

I’m currently a T6. The Logansport office has 16 city routes. Many of them are mostly walking routes. I’d say there are 6-7 good routes (2 of which are essentially all driving). The other 4-5 have a good mixture of driving and walking/dismounting. Given the current age range of those occupying the highest seniority positions, it is fair to say that in another 3-5 years, I (or you) will be sitting near the very top of seniority. There is a clump of carriers looking to retire around then.

There is overtime, if that is something you are looking for.

Feel free to ask any questions!

All the best,

Austin

Posts: 13 | Location: Logansport, IN | Registered: 09 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post