Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Anyone know when the USPS will change their transfer policy?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know when the USPS will change their transfer policy? Login/Join

posted
Anyone know when this policy of "no transfers, no promotions" will change. Any Union folks out there have any idea?

Posts: 16 | Registered: 03 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It all depends on when areas lift Article 12. There are places accepting transfers. Where are you and where are you trying to go??

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO TRANSFERS - COUNTRY WIDE "FREEZE" AS TOLD BY MY UNION NATIONAL BUSINESS AGENT . "DUE TO PRESENT CONDITIONS , I DONT KNOW HOW LONG THIS WILL LAST" ONLY WAY IS THROUGH MUTUAL SWAPS. GOOD LUCK BROTHER

Posts: 18 | Registered: 03 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im trying to go to DC, Northern VA or MD. I was told the same thing. Nation wide freeze. I totally doesn't make sense. How can this affect the Post Office's bottom line. Especially if I'm not asking for any moving assistance.

posted Hide Post
It depends on area. I just got transfer to Irving tx, and I'm number one ptf.

Posts: 43 | Registered: 04 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@ JASON K. I AM IN NOVA, WHERE WOULD YOU BE COMING FROM?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no freeze in Washington State. We just had a new transfer from California and there are more coming.

Posts: 134 | Registered: 30 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a PTF in Worth, Illinois. Its about 10 miles south of Chicago. Close to Chicago, Chicago Suburbus and NW Indiana.

posted Hide Post
So if there is not a freeze everywhere then what about Maryland and DC? Supposedly NOVA is frozen.

posted Hide Post
you should check into re-assignment if you cant find a transfer. The bad part is you go in as a PTF, but you keep your years in service

Posts: 27 | Location: Charlotte / Ballantyne Station | Registered: 14 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked around and i was told there is only a freeze on management transfers/promotions

Posts: 27 | Location: Charlotte / Ballantyne Station | Registered: 14 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No I think the Freeze is system wide, on all levels. I've been in E-reasign for months now for about 20 different post offices. No luck.

posted Hide Post
I've been on it for 2years with around 25 different offices and I have not heard anything. The freeze is for certain areas.

Posts: 16 | Registered: 01 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some areas of the country are still under Article 12, but you can check on E-reassign to see what districts have openings. It is hit or miss right now depending on the needs of the area.

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a specific section in the EReassign that shows job openings? I can't seem to find it. If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Sarah Wernert

Posts: 3 | Registered: 29 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post