Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    t-6 mutual exchange, owensboro, ky, seniority ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

t-6 mutual exchange, owensboro, ky, seniority ? Login/Join

posted
can a t-6 do a mutual exchange with a regular carrier. seniority date 9/97. w/o losing my seniority or the exchangees date, which ever is less senior.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: russ,

Posts: 46 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, only Reg. Carrier on a single rt. can have a Mutual Exchange. and when you find one you must have PATIENCE, i'm in the middle of one and it's a rough ride with a 3-way....

Posts: 307 | Registered: 11 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ramon
that was the old rules. the new regs allow a t-6 and regular to trade. but you can't trade with a ptf.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, effective in 2006, level 1 and level 2 city carriers are considered to be the same grade for the pupose of a mutual exchange, however the seniority is governed by Article 41.2.E, which means you must assume the lower seniority of the two (or three). The only way to keep your seniority would be to swap with somebody who has more than you.

Posts: 73 | Location: Ellwood City, Pa. | Registered: 01 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems that the rules have been changing every month then, we've had 2 other carriers here in Texas trying to do a 2-way and was informed by Management, that no t-6's will be able to do a Mutual Exchange and these Carriers were turned down right away, so i'm not really sure then what the rules are, but i hope this person will find out the correct way!!

posted Hide Post
ramon
I am sure what the rules are and your carriers have a grievance agst mgt. It is plainly stated in the contract that for the purposes of a swap, that t-6 and regulars are permitted. Either your carriers don't know the contract, your union stewart doesn't or management figures you are too stupid to find out.

posted Hide Post
Skycap, these Carriers that were involved in these transfers were not just from Texas, there were several from Colorado, Florida so with that in mind, i guess all of our union officials really don't know what their talking about, and no i don't think we are stupid, it's just whenever a Carrier needs to things in the P.O. there is always some B.S. that is handed down to us and our hands are tied for month's and then the chance of getting a transfer, becomes to late,

posted Hide Post
It is possible because I just did an exchange with a T-6 from Florida and I was a regular carrier. Don't let them try to snowball you.

Posts: 32 | Registered: 17 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ramon
The union will not do anything unless they are informed. Did these carriers persue it with the union or did they roll over and "Oh OK the boss said no" so I guess that's it. So many carriers don't have a clue what their rights are and just go along in a daze.

posted Hide Post
Good advice from all, I hope this will read by many and future transfers will be handled in the right manner from both sides, thank you!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by russ:
can a t-6 do a mutual exchange with a regular carrier. seniority date 9/97. w/o losing my seniority or the exchangees date, which ever is less senior.

Posts: 46 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post