Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Rochester, MI. to Southern CA. Family reasons 8/88
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rochester, MI. to Southern CA. Family reasons 8/88 Login/Join

posted
Hello interested fellow carriers my name is Dave. At work they call me Side, the beginning four letters of my long last name. My seniority date is 8/88 and I am looking for someone that would like a mutual transfer close to that same seniority. I deliver in beautiful Rochester, Michigan and would like to transfer to somewhere in southern California. Would prefer the Orange county area or south to San Diego, Temecula areas. This is for family reasons. A little about Rochester....Rochester is a bit of an old town but has really built up over the last 25 years. About a an hour drive north of Detroit not to far to get to a sporting event. And you have all four here. Hey, they are all getting better. It is a middle to upper class type of city located in the south east portion of MI. Just a great place to live and work, it has an upnorth country feel to it, alot of lakes, woods, hiking trails, shopping and an abundance of great golf courses. The economy sucks everywhere but it's not as bad here as the news makes it out to be in MI. You have a job here, house prices are awsome in great neighborhoods. I live in Shelby Twp. within 10 minutes from work a middle to upper class neighborhood. There are two bidding stations to choose from with 75% mounted routes great co-workers. We have quite a few carriers retireing within the next year so alot of great routes will be opening up for bid. I love my route, I hate the idea of leaving my customers. Gotta do what I have to do for my family. Please consider my transfer offer and contact me with any questions. Thank you, Dave, aka,(Side)

Posts: 3 | Registered: 11 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Would you condsider a move to Northern California? I am located in El Dorado Hills and it is a beautiful area. We are currently trying to move back to Michigan for Family reasons.

Please let me know if you are interested and if have any questions about my area / route.

Thanks! Bill

Posts: 20 | Registered: 10 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill,
I may be interested. What is your seniority date and how soon are you looking to move. What type of routes are in the area, mounted to waliking, percentage wise. What type of office is it, are you useing the FSS yet?
Thanks Bill looking forward to hearing from you. My wife is very excited, she keeps hitting me.
Dave
P.S. What part of Michigan are you from?

posted Hide Post
Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me. My seniority date is 03/2004 and I have been a postal employee since 1996 and started my career in the Detroit District.

I am looking to transfer around September 2011 due to our current lease. The routes in my area are mounted or NBU, primarily mounted. You will have bidding rights to the Folsom Office just down the hill as well. Current Management has been easy to work with.

No FSS yet, still working out the kinks..haha. Village style community in the foothills overlooking the Sacramento Valley.

Thanks,
Bill

P.s. Originally from the Fenton Area- Lived & Worked in Brighton for 7 years

Posts: 20 | Registered: 10 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Side,

I am in South Oregon Medford.
20 Miles from the Northern California border.
My seniority is 01/2005.
Medford is a great family place.
Ashland has tons of things to offer.
Trekking, Golf, Shakespeare festival, Film Festival, Rafting, Ski.
The Summers are fabulous here.
I would like to move back to Michigan for family reason.
Please let me know if you have any interest.
Thank you for your time.
Robert

Posts: 18 | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Robert,
Thanks for the interest in my posting. It's funny, I posted this in October and never got one response and now I got two within a week. Oregon is a little to far north, I need to get as close as I can to S. Cali. as possible near my family. I have one offer right now just east of SanFran. which gets me in CA. Have you guys started FSS yet?
I wish you good luck on your searches my postal brother.

Side

posted Hide Post
I'm in So Cal, LA county an hour north or Orange County. Close to Disneyland, Magic Mountain, and 30 minutes to the beach. Seniority date 10/85. Looking to transfer east, closer to TN or Ontario Canada. 805-279-4064 James

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mecaliman,

Posts: 18 | Registered: 24 November 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post