Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    DFW Area to Chicago Area
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DFW Area to Chicago Area Login/Join

posted
Looking for mutual trade with Full-Time-Regular Carrier in Chicago area.

Position: Part-Time-Regular Carrier
Location: Arlington, TX(located between Dallas and Ft. Worth)
Hours: Monday-Friday 1pm to approx 7:30pm
Average hours are 32 to 34 hours a week.
Seniority: 3/2007

This position is a firm collection route with no delivery. The position has Saturday and Sunday off. You drive a 2 ton vehicle and pickup packages from various companies and Postal Contract Stations.

You vacation bid against only those in the collection unit. I have had the 2 weeks of Christmas off every year since transferring to Texas. Arlington, TX is home to the Texas Rangers and the Dallas Cowboys, as well as Six Flags over Texas. Texas has no state income tax and housing is very affordable.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 09 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Part Time Regulars are in their own classification. I found this out when I tried to transfer to AZ as a PTR.

In contract under Art. 41.2.B 2. Part-time regular letter carriers are considered to be a separate category and seniority for assignment and other purposes shall be restricted to this category.

So you may have to transfer as a PTF on ereassign.

Posts: 773 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 20 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
whatever, good luck...

thought i'd pass along what Business Agents say is...

Posts: 773 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 20 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post