Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Small office on WA coast. Saturdays off! Will consider anywhere in lower 48.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small office on WA coast. Saturdays off! Will consider anywhere in lower 48. Login/Join

posted
I'm in Raymond, WA (about 30 minutes south of Aberdeen). My seniority date in from Oct 2012. Only two routes in the office, low key, low stress. No overtime for the most part.

I'm looking for:
Owensboro, KY
Grand Rapids, MI
Phoenix, AZ
Escondido, CA

I will consider multiple locations, particularly those that get lots of sun. My e-mail is tychicusc1@gmail.com.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 13 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Douglas
posted Hide Post
How do you get Saturdays off ? are you Rural Route ? explain.. Thanks..

Posts: 193 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Douglas,

I get Saturdays off because I am one of two full time City Carriers in our little office. I could have any day of other than Monday since the other carrier that has more seniority than me wants Mondays off. I know, it's a TINY office.

posted Hide Post
I am a regular carrier in San Francisco Ca specifically on Treasure Island seniority 7/26/00. I would like to be in a small office. Would you be interested?

Posts: 5 | Registered: 19 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Matt,

No, I don't think San Francisco would fit for what I'm looking for, but thanks.

As an update: I'll likely plan on staying in town for at least another six months to a year. However, if someone near Owensboro KY or Grand Rapids MI wants to transfer with me then I'll likely jump on that. Still, make me an offer.

posted Hide Post
You do know that you have to have at least 18 months in before you can do any sort transfer? Most PM's want a significant record (driving, sick leave use, and write ups) they can refer to to accept you.

Also beware small offices: my PM from a small office nixed my mutual swap for a bogus reason. (They can say whatever they want as a reason). With your lack of any significant seniority you would be better off to try ereassign. That way your PM has nothing to say, except goodbye, and you have nothing to really offer anyone who might want to transfer.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 19 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To all:

Please disregard the above comments by poster. Negativity can be contagious.

I do know that you ordinarily need 18 months to transfer. Your PM can waive such requirement. I do have a significant driving record and sick leave record(just not in this office) and no write ups whatsoever.

Beware of small offices? I don't prefer to leave my situation, I love it. I only wish to transfer for educational reasons. How is having one other carrier above you in seniority a hindrance to attracting others to swap? I admit, I've only worked in small offices, so I might very well be missing something here.

Perhaps exercising restraint would be appropriate if you are unaware of the particulars of the situation you are commenting on. I've had discussions with my PM, no problems here. Also, I'm quite aware that a transfer can be a long time in the works. I'm looking ahead. And BTW, e-reassign is a route I've attempted and hasn't worked, I might attempt that route again down the road if transferring becomes paramount and not just preferable.

In summation, if you don't find my offer enticing, fine with me. Have a coke and a smile and wish me luck or keep your opinions to yourself.

Toodles

posted Hide Post
Are you still seeking a mutual transfer? Would you like to transfer to Seal Beach in Southern California?

Posts: 1 | Location: seal beach | Registered: 07 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
depends on where you want to reassign to. I put in for 3 offices in oregon as soon as I saw the were open and got replys in a week. I turned them down when I found out state tax there is 9%

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I'm in a station in louisville ky. My seniority date is 7/04 I am looking to move away from here. Looks like a small town but I'm sure it's nice. Care to talk

Posts: 9 | Registered: 01 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, I am in Asheville NC and my wife has been transferred to Astoria OR. Let me know if you are interested.

Posts: 24 | Registered: 08 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post