Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Need Help And Answers ASAP!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Help And Answers ASAP! Login/Join

posted
I am currently delivering out of Pontiac Michigan, the same office where I get held up at gun point while delivering mail back in January 2014. I have been on PTSD since then. I also have put in a transfer to get out of state (Georgia) and start fresh. Is there anyway I can get my transfer to go any faster than it's going right now? Cause being stuck here is only stressing me out even more. Tried going through the Union but it's taking to long and my family is leaving in June. My fiancé has a job in Georgia and my daughter is going along with her. Please any advice or guidance will be a help. Thank You!

Contact Info:
etjjingles@yahoo.com

Posts: 9 | Registered: 27 January 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First of all, everyone on here that has any questions regarding mutual exchanges and ereassign really should check with their HR and the HR of the office they desire. Don't depend on what you read in this forum, not everybody knows what their talking about. Having said that ask the HRs about resigning your current position then applying for reinstatement at the office you desire. I'm not even sure if that is still possible, I just know that option was on the table when I was looking to reassign back in 1999. The postmaster at the office I wanted advised me not to do that because there was no guarantee I would be reinstated anytime soon. I took his advice and waited only a couple months for the reassign. I hope that helps and good luck to you.

Posts: 392 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post