Postal Forums
REASSIGNMENTS

This topic can be found at:
https://postalspot.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6611098312/m/4553946177

26 April 2012, 09:37
IKE
REASSIGNMENTS
I just wanted to share this , although we are all here trying tind a significient other to swap, The reassignments are closed, I have been on a waiting list for over 1 year now and I called south florida to see where I was on the list..They stated the reassignments are closed until further notice.I find this to be unfair especially that a lot of us need it for family issue's...I know its against the national agreement to do mutual swap with regular carriers and Ptfs but if the reassignments are close they should open that window up and let us choose..Who do we contact to complain..
26 April 2012, 11:44
OG1976
I completely agree. I saw this coming! I will try to find out who we can speak to.
26 April 2012, 12:11
shox2k4
I just turned down a request for Jacksonville fl a month ago and now a city near Orlando has opened up my request. They may be put on hold but not dead. Unfortunately cities that received fss are not in dire straights for carriers as cities that didn't have had people retire and are running out of ptf. In my city we recently had about 14 clerk transfers and I'm sure cities will look at them as a priority before looking at a same craft transfer. Be patient. They have to have openings or approval before they can accept them anyway.
26 April 2012, 14:48
IKE
I received a text from a carrier( ptf) in boco raton stating thast the post office is hiring TE's and that there are desperate need for carriers...It is one of the stations i had put down in the reassignments.....
07 May 2012, 12:15
shox2k4
I received three emails today from suncoast district saying my request was received. I don't know if they all say that? Ive had them in since January. And they appear to be in the order I input them. It doesn't mean that they are allowing it but some districts are probably aligning themselves in case it ends soon or looking for priority transfers.
08 May 2012, 20:09
Mari
I am on the ReAssignment network and I was just reading some of these recent posts. Veldiver says that he has been on the list for over a year? I am wondering who has told him that the ReAssignments are closed?? I have been notified for consideration for 3 offices in FL in just the past 2 days. And 2 others in the past 3-4 weeks. Maybe his desired location is further south than I want to go?? Now whether they will follow through the process and actually hire someone is another story, but I'm not giving up hope at this point.
08 May 2012, 22:31
IKE
i called the south district local services to find out the status and the personal told me that they weren't doing any reassignments that they were closed. I put in for 6 different stations from west palm beach on down to Miami...If you have any phone numbers to direct me i would gladly appreciate it...email velgetu@aol.com
16 May 2012, 16:28
shox2k4
My supervisor notified me today that she received an email seeking her evaluation of me. So it does look like some transfers are moving forward. I received an email about request received from about 12 of the 30 offices. I haven't gotten on to see which one it is. I think I might rather try for a larger office.
19 May 2012, 21:24
robert krzemski
I completed ps form 2480 and 2481 supervisor evaluation and was hired by Post Master only to notified from eReassingment that all transfers to Florida are on hold the funny thing is the eReassingment had me do all paper work than turned it down.
24 May 2012, 15:38
Kevahoya
Are you all talking about transfers or a swap? I was told you can do a swap but not a transfer to another office. I see no reason to hold swaps as seniority and employee numbers don't change