Postal Forums
Florida is accepting e-reassigns

This topic can be found at:
https://postalspot.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6611098312/m/4813917277

16 June 2012, 21:51
Patrick 45244
Florida is accepting e-reassigns
After a year or more of looking for a transfer to Fla. I started requesting e-reassigns for various stations. Just got a call from Sarasota confirming my request. The postmaster there said the whole state of Fla. was on hold for awhile but now it is open. Being a PTF is not that bad if consider the fact that you are where you wanna be. Keep that in mind and go for it, I did and I'm happier than hell.
17 June 2012, 09:02
IKE
I hope so I have been calling local services south florida regions for months and they have been on hold.
17 June 2012, 11:46
TishaG
I got reassigned in January as a PTF in the Destin FL Post office from Jupiter FL after trying for a mutual for almost 2 years (I am a 28 year employee, mind you)and I am HAPPIER than hell also. Within a month of my transfer, 2 guys went out on a disability retirement, and one has a retirement date of Dec 31 2012. One more is waiting to see if they offer an incentive. I am now top seniority ptf between two branches with 20 routes. My other office I was a regular with #50 or so seniority among 100+ carriers...where they split 10+ routes daily...was working my ass off,more than usual. And I have 6 years left till retirement. Can you say "suhweeeeet!"? So don't always think you are gonna end up on the chitty end of the stick if you go back to being a ptf. You must do E-reassign online though..they will not take requests personally. Everything is automated. What I did was..put in for about 10 offices in the vicinity I wanted..but the office I wanted the most..I printed out my 991/work performance/history with the postal service..and walked into that office while up visiting my fiance' (we were an 8 hr drive apart)and sat down and had a heart to heart with the postmaster. The personal touch sometimes helps if you are in consideration. They still have to go by order of date requested by applicants..but they compare a bunch at a time..according to how many they are hiring. If you are fairly new in your employment with the USPS..what have you got to lose, really? Good luck everyone.
17 June 2012, 11:55
Patrick 45244
Like Tisha just stated, you have to go online and do it that way. Phone calls are a waste of time, it has to be on paper, on the computer, that is the ONLY way it can be done. Good luck
19 June 2012, 17:18
andy28
Patrick, how long did you have to wait before sarasota contacted you? I have applied to a bunch of offices in the suncoast district and haven't heard anything yet??

Thanks,

Andy
21 June 2012, 00:16
IKE
I applied on line last August 2011....Haven't heard anything...
22 June 2012, 05:45
Patrick 45244
My request was put in Jan 3rd this year. I had requests put in all up and down the east and west coast. Sarasota was the first to contact me, which is great because that is where I wanted to go. I'm guessing when they review your request they are looking at your sick leave, whether you have had any accidents, and then they contact your supervisor to find out what type of carrier you are. Good luck!!!
22 June 2012, 12:28
shox2k4
I applied for Sarasota in mid January. I did submit my driving records but nothing further yet. I am assuming that there are people ahead of me that qualify first like the gentleman that said he did jan 3. But I did a lot of cities so something may drop soon. Exciting.