Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Mutual Swap...Article 12.5b....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mutual Swap...Article 12.5b.... Login/Join

posted
I am in the process of a 4 way mutual...Florida to Texas..Texas to Boston..Boston to NYC and NYC to Florida...I just received a letter stating that south Florida district has invoked article 12.5b withholding of residual vacancies....

Can some tell me what does this mean...I was under the assumption that a mutual was a body for body and seniority would be with the junior carrier..In my case I save 15 years....can someone explain to me is this possible..They mentioned i can possibly be excessed out of the station that I am transferring too....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: IKE,

Posts: 321 | Location: bronx ny | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That depend, when you make a swap, both of you will have the lower seniority of the two of you. You need to contact your local Union. Sometime there is a supervisor that want to run the USPS their way, like if they're working at Burger King. If you are trying to transfer to or from Florida contact Bussiness Agent Judy on Region 9. The people at their office are the best, they will fight for you.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would you have there number..I have 19 years of service but after the transfer I will have 15 years....I found a mutual swap that would put me in the station that I really want to be in but I received a letter with this article 12.5b nonsense and found out they are closing the plant in that area...Just dont want to be excessed out 50 miles..

Posts: 321 | Location: bronx ny | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the new postal record has an article on that. it seems to be happening nation wide. once a rt is vacant they don't want to post it . the article shows what the local unions need to file and how.

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post