Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    E reassign ? On 8hr carrier
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E reassign ? On 8hr carrier Login/Join

posted
If I did e reassign and got excepted. My only problem would be picking up my son by 6pm. How long would I work on overtime list until I can be an 8hr carrier again

Posts: 24 | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when you are a regular you can get off the odl anytime. once you do you are on the 8 hr only list until you sign up again for ot. you can sign up for ot once ea quarter, but you can get off the list anytime. reassigning has no effect on this since we go as regulars now that we don't have ptfs any more

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know so much has changed. Don't no the rules and people in the office don't either. So I'm 8hr carrier now, I will stay as reg, keep my 8hr status but loose sen

Posts: 24 | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yep, you lose seniority. (only office seniority , doesn't affect years in service)rules are all in the national agreement and jcam. I worked in a small office once. we had 2 1/2 rts. virtually no union, our rep gave in to the postmaster on everything to keep him off her back, it sucked. big drawback of a small office

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carriers no longer transfer as PTFs. Just transfer and stay on an 8 hour list.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 20 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post