Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Anyone one knows whats is in the new contract for ereassignments
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone one knows whats is in the new contract for ereassignments Login/Join

posted
I was currently in reviewed for 3 stations in Florida and all the offices have received E mails not to process reassignments indefinitely..Who do we contact? My union isn't helping or they just dont know..

Posts: 321 | Location: bronx ny | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Veldiver ,Good question for the rap session that will be held on the 9th. I will ask our branch officer to bring this up.

Posts: 104 | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks....

Posts: 321 | Location: bronx ny | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put in for a reassign back in December to Jacksonville Fl. I talked to the HR person there today and they said that Jacksonville is frozen. I'm a city carrier and he told me that there are 4 people ahead of me on the reassign list. Two are clerks and 2 are mail handlers, who are switching crafts in order to transfer. He said the reason for the freeze is because of the CCA's. I was shocked! But, he also said "you have worked in this organzaition for years, so you know that this can change is two weeks."

Posts: 34 | Registered: 19 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
according to the new contract for every 4 hires that the post office conducts they have to place a reassignment. Contact the union and have them follow up on that. My branchs president personally came to my station 3 weeks ago just to tell me. He also stated that there is going to be alot of movement after April 10th..

posted Hide Post
I was told Atlanta had 18 positions to fill before Christmas....now they tell me they filled them all with the ptf conversions. All of us who wish to reassign should check with our unions to make sure management isn't filling vacancies with cca's in violation of the new contract. If no one questions them, they will do as they wish,,,,as usual. Good luck to all!

Posts: 40 | Registered: 06 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tennmail. What number is the HR if I need to call them? And how I do know where is my position to be called in the ereassign?

Posts: 22 | Registered: 08 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah stay on top of that Sakin. My office just had its first CCA hire and I already sent a message to the union.

posted Hide Post
@natale, I actually called postal ease and they gave me the number to the person in Jacksonville to contact. Then, that person gave me the number to the supervisor of customer support in Jacksonville. He handles the hiring from reassign. He has been very friendly and helpful, but I'm sure all of them won't be. So call 1-877-477-3273 and select HR share services (NUMBER 5). Tell them your district and about your reassign and ask them for a contact number to the district you are trying to transfer too. Please post your results here when you have done so. Good luck!

posted Hide Post
@veldiver, From what I understand they will hire our first CCA April 16th. The man at the HR in Jacksoville stated to me that reassign is frozen because the post office is really pushing this CCA thing. I did not say anything about the contract to him, but I have a friend in Jacksonville who will keep me informed of the CCA hiring and I plan to take action about my ressign then. The guy at HR told me that they have 33 pfts and they have to find slots for them as well because of the 5 day work week, but then he said that might not happen either. This guy sounds stressed out, but he was telling what was coming from the higher ups.
Hope I've been helpful.

posted Hide Post
Well as you know that congress threw out the Pmg's proposal and there will be 6 day delivery. As for the CCA's hiring. They are only allowed to hire 4 before having to put one career employee (reasign) carrier into a space. The union in that area has to maintain it quarterly. The people that work in Local services get there orders from management.

posted Hide Post
Veldiver, congress did not keep 6-day yet, only the house has passed an amendment to keep it till september. The senate is next but they have not done anything yet, they will probably vote to keep it to september to but the PO may just choose to ignore congress and go to 5-day anyway.

Posts: 104 | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the post office plans to tell congress, " we didn't stop delivering 6 days , we just stopped delivering some of the mail on saturdays" that's why they are delivering parcels on sat. i'm sure they will phase that out soon too.

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post