Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Need to move from Eureka, Ca. to central Oregon (Albany/Corvalis)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to move from Eureka, Ca. to central Oregon (Albany/Corvalis) Login/Join

posted
Looking for a mutual transfer between Eureka, CA and Central Oregon. My wife just got a teaching position in Sweet Home, Oregon, and I'm looking to move to any office within an hours drive including Eugene, Albany, Corvalis or other small towns near the area. My seniority date is 06/2016. There is a ton of overtime in the Eureka office, as well as opportunities for carriers to step into 204(B) roles in management. Come enjoy beautiful coastal living next to Humboldt Bay. Summers rarely get warmer than 80 degrees and winters stay in the low 40s, rarely a freeze. Lovely little tourist town, great art, food and music. Amazing redwood forests surround the town and outdoor activities abound. Humboldt State University is 20 minutes from town, in the lively and interesting hippy town of Arcata. So much to enjoy! If you are interested in coming to Eureka, let me know, three-way transfers are a possibility. Cheers!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 02 July 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
would you consider Seattle?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 22 April 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry, i really need to be somewhere in central Oregon between Salem and Eugene

posted Hide Post
I assume Portland is too far?

Posts: 18 | Registered: 03 March 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, Portland is too far. Would be 2 hr commute. Totally willing to do a 3 way trade if we can find someone to do Eugene/Salem/Albany to Portland. Or The same for Seattle. Thanks!

posted Hide Post
Hey Kevin F, Would you be willing to try for a three-way trade? I can put up another posting, something like...anyone need to transfer from central Oregon(Eugene/Albany/Salem) to Portland for three-way transfer. Let me know...we can get this started. Thanks!