Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Looking to transfer from Eagle River, Alaska
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking to transfer from Eagle River, Alaska Login/Join

posted
I would like to move in late spring/early summer. I'm open to any offers, but I would especially be interested in CO or WA. Alaska is incredible. I moved here 10 years ago with a mutual transfer from Las Vegas and I absolutely love it. However my personal circumstances have changed, and I'd like to move closer to family. 24% tax-free cola, no sales tax, no state tax, and an annual dividend to every family member makes it very affordable to live here. Eagle River PO is an AO in the Anchorage district. My seniority is 10/98 and I am currently third in seniority out of a staff of 15 carriers. Sandi Canova (907)748-6031

Posts: 4 | Registered: 25 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what about texas. just north of dallas. seniority 07/96

Posts: 106 | Registered: 12 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
take a look at Bloomington, Il 61704. Seniority date 3/94.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what are your rts like in eagle river ? all mounted ?

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ideal relocation would be to Colorado Springs. Routes in Eagle River are ndcbu and some mounted. No p&l's.

posted Hide Post
I work in Canon City CO. We have 8 full rts and and aux. Im the T-6. Seniority date of 10/96. We are located 45 minutes to an hour south of Colorado Springs deepending on the part CO Springs you are in. We do have a clerk that commutes from there daily and doesnt seem to mind the drive. It is all state and US highway. Take a look at Canon City online and let me know what you think.

Posts: 126 | Registered: 08 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll keep Canon City in mind. It's closer to Colorado Springs than any other response I've gotten. Of course it's only been two days since I posted my ad. Smiler I am concerned about a t-6 swing. I assume the other carriers in your station wont bid on it once you leave? If we do go to 5 day delivery, the position would be abolished. I can't risk being excessed. Mind if I ask where you are in the seniority roster?

posted Hide Post
looks like a 24 hr drive from wenatchee to co springs. it takes me 8 hrs to get to boise to see my brother. closer than where you are now ..... looks like your getting responses already.

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im number 7 out of 12 carriers. I have already talked to the other carriers about looking to transfer and a few are considering bidding the swing. But in my opinion, the T-6 job is the best job you can have. Ive been on my swing for 13 years. And as for excessing, with our seniority dates, you wouldnt be the one to go if it ever came to that. Also we have 3 carriers planning to retire within the next 3 years, so that will move everyone up pretty quickly. feel free to email me with any questions you may have. uncle_sams_slave@hotmail.com

Posts: 126 | Registered: 08 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post