Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Why cant many post offices accept me for mutual transfer?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why cant many post offices accept me for mutual transfer? Login/Join

posted
Many post offices in Las Vegas, Arizona, and Fresno cant accept me for mutual transfer. Why???

Posts: 61 | Registered: 30 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
they say can't , but mean won't

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
talk with your steward. they have to take you unless you abuse sick leave or have active discipline or your just a $@!& bag

Posts: 6 | Registered: 31 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
because I am deaf. Many post offices are not interesting in me for being deaf. Deaf is big problem word. They discrimate against me being deaf. My shop steward does not know how. I filed EEO against my PO.

posted Hide Post
The union must deal with this. If your union steward can't or is unable than you need to call your national business agent. Find yours by clicking on this link: http://www.nalc.org/nalc/regions/index.html and once there by clicking on your state. I hope all goes well.

Posts: 105 | Location: Bloomington, Indiana | Registered: 16 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

posted Hide Post
Hi Edknov2002, I am deaf too and I got a swap in 2007 from Prairie Village , KS to Sunnyvale , Ca with no problems.. They do discrimate against u and Union should know how to do the grievence, If not then dispute team is next.. EEO is the best way but slow process... Good luckSmiler

Posts: 7 | Location: California | Registered: 15 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ally, thanks! Do you know other deaf letter carriers in the state and Arizona?

posted Hide Post
Hi again, if it is ok with you that we chat on VP? What do u think? Let me know Smiler

Posts: 7 | Location: California | Registered: 15 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My VP is 866-476-2177.

posted Hide Post
my wifes postmaster says he will accept any able body....lets do this u to gilbert, az..... my wife to either pleasanton, ca or redding california... and one of them to u..... chrisbond@ymail.com

Posts: 97 | Registered: 08 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AZ will take you

Posts: 9 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You've been on this sight many times with many offers, quit BS-ing with the postings.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post