Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Spokane, WA to San Luis Obispo or Santa Maria area
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spokane, WA to San Luis Obispo or Santa Maria area Login/Join

posted
I am interested in a mutual transfer from Spokane WA to the San Luis Obispo, CA area,(I would also consider Santa Clarita, CA). Spokane is on the Eastern side of the state, not too far from the Idaho state line. There are 10 offices to bid on, and plenty of OT if desired. We enjoy 4 beautiful seasons, and it is considered a mild winter climate. There are many outdoor recreation options in the area (100 lakes within 50 miles) and skiing is only minutes away. Downtown Spokane offers many sporting events, entertainment, and shopping, and is a safe, clean, family oriented city. Country living (acreage, horses, etc.) is only 15-25 minutes out of Spokane, if that is appealing, and housing is quite affordable. The Spokane area is a great place to raise a family. However, my extended family is all in CA, and my parents are getting to the age where they need care, which means I need to move near them. You can respond on this forum, or email me privately at cspete@juno.com if you would like more information or are interested in working out a transfer.
Thank you for looking.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very interested in your area! I work in Canoga Park only 30 min away from Santa Clarita. In fact that is where our main district office is. I live in Simi Valley a great place to live and raise a family. Always in the top ten of safest communities. My senority is 6/91. Please write back on this post or at craigtracy4@yahoo.com and let me know your intentions. How is your office? Have your office gone through the flat sorting system? Whats your senority? Thank you.

Posts: 128 | Registered: 11 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Craig,

Thank you for your interest. My seniority date is 3/97 and I am 15th out of 50 in my office. We have not implemented the flat sorting machines yet. The routes are all park and loop, but there are 9 other offices that have other route options (mounted, etc.) to bid on, if you prefer that. The office is quite a nice office to work in.

I will email you privately with more details.
Thank you,
dad2saa

Posts: 2 | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post