Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    jacksonville fl to anniston al or surrounding areas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

jacksonville fl to anniston al or surrounding areas Login/Join

posted
seniority date 12-23-1988

Posts: 3 | Registered: 30 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Jiml,
I am possibly getting reassigned and wondered if you could answer a couple questions for me about the Jacksonville area? I am not sure which (if any at this point) I may get reassigned to, but could you tell me what the ratio of walking to driving routes is in that area? I know it is a pretty big city, but on the average per se in your office, how many walking to driving routes are there? I have heard most of Florida is driving but you can never really believe all that you hear. If you can tell me what you know, that would be great! Thanks for the consideration. Have a great week. Mari

Posts: 19 | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey mari, it really depends what area you get some stations are 50/50 walking. as for mine it's mostly apartments and business, the only walking is condos about 10 percent of the routes. let me know if you want any more info you can always give me a call. talk to you later. jim

posted Hide Post
Hey jiml. How about Gadsden, Alabama. Gadsden is about 30 miles north of Anniston. My seniority date is 9-4-2004. We have a mixture of walking/riding. My own route is 50/50. Plenty of overtime if desired. Stong union office. Can you tell me a little about your office. My e-mail address is methreejack@yahoo.com

Posts: 17 | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey jiml, how many bidding offices are there in jacksonville? And which one are you at? I dont know the area at all, but if they want me, than i will have to find out which office id be going to. And lime how many ptf's they have and such. Gonna be hard going back to PTF-ville bug sometimes you just do what you gotta. Do they get alot of OT in your office? Just wondering on the average in that area how much they get. Well fill me in if you can. If i do get reassigned, maybe i can call you and talk a bit more about the area. Thank for the info. Mari

Posts: 19 | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey mari, there are 17 stations to bid from. coming here as a ptf is always a rough time but there are some good stations and bad. if you want to talk or need more info email me at james-lewis@comcast.net