Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    mike c from tenn do you still want to swap?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mike c from tenn do you still want to swap? Login/Join

posted Hide Post
mike

i lived in nh my whole life till early 2007, that is my seniority date for the city craft.
my seniority for rural full time was 1998 until
i crossed over on a transfer offer down here.

so 2007 is my seniority date dec 2007.

mike , are you saying they might excess at your station, that would not be good if i come there
and get excessed later. your thoughts!

working your days off. will they let me do that
up there???

as far as from what you know, which route would i end up with, and what is it like???

Posts: 35 | Registered: 25 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mike c

they're not excessing up here and if and when they ever do you'd most likely be safe because you'd have my seniority of 1/2000. there are about 45 people lower than me.

I'm a little concerned about my position if we trade because it seems like i'd be on the bottom seniority wise. but again. i'm willing to do it anyway.

i honestly have no idea if you don't get my route which route you'd be on. it all depends on if any one else bids on my route. the city is a combonation of single family multi family and business

if you choose to be on the ot list then you might work all your days off sometimes i get everyother it just all depends on time of year and how many carriers are out at one time

Posts: 59 | Location: brockton, ma. | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
to the two mikes.

if you do a mutual swap you both will have a 2007 senority date. the newest hire is the date for you both. I just swapped from las vegas to washington and had a 08'98 senority date. the carrier I swapped with had a 6/95 date. we both now have a 8/98 sen date for bidding,he bid on and got my old rte in vegas and I bid his here in WA. But we could have bid any rte that was up on the board and hoped we're the senior bidder.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks skycap

mike c does that make sense to you? have you made any decisions?

Posts: 59 | Location: brockton, ma. | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mike

sound like we both get dec 2007 for seniority
in both places.
im not the junior man in this office, i believe
there are a few behind me.

so again, in brockton you basically do your
own routes, you do not split and carry other
route is that correct??"?

posted Hide Post
mike c

right. you do your own route. since i'm on the ot list after my route i'll get 1/2 to 2 hours on another route.

posted Hide Post
mike

waiting for yesterdays reply.

how is circulars,advo etc, how often do you
deliver these per week?/.

biggest problem is how im going to get rid of this house and my mortgage.

it would be great to get rid of a mortgage.

posted Hide Post
mike c

are you planning on putting your house on the market?

is that the only thing thats holding you back from the swap?

posted Hide Post
thats a big one because it will put 3 people out
of the house, and they will not agree with it, but i hold all the cards.

ill see what i can do.sounds great for be able to work days off all year up there.

how about circulars?? how mant times a week do you deliver these.
??

how do you see 5 day delivery affecting our lives if it happens???

posted Hide Post
mike c

we deliver circulars twice a week usualy.

i think alot of people will loose their jobs if we go to 5 days. hopefully it won't happen.

posted Hide Post
mike

with the 2007 seniority date, how would excessing look for me up there in brockton.

am i safe??

this office of mine has only 20 something routes
10 city, the rest rural. muh smaller than your
office

posted Hide Post
mike c.

we have about 106 carriers. i'll check the list tomorrow. i think there would be 5 or 6 people below you.

i honestly have no idea what would happen if they excessed. i haven't heard of it happening or going to happen around here. i've heard about it happening in other parts of the country though. how about you have you heard anything?

posted Hide Post
mike

have not heard of it happening in this station
however a few stations nearby have seen it not long ago.

posted Hide Post
mike c.

i checked the list you'd be 96th out of 103.

do you think you'll have a decision either way with in a month or so?

posted Hide Post
Mike

Is that Good??? Mail volume is increasing lately,

How about up there???
Spring is here ,79 today