Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    CLOSED/WITHDRAWN - Henderson, NV.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CLOSED/WITHDRAWN - Henderson, NV. Login/Join

posted
Henderson, NV right next to Las Vegas, we have two bidding offices (89015 - 89012) with multiple zip codes at both offices. I am interested in NW Washington and the Ferndale/Bellingham areas in particular but will consider something a little bit more inland or coastal/islands. I'm also interested in Idaho and will consider any part of that state.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: suflex,

Posts: 392 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might be interested, but im in Wenatchee wa

Posts: 372 | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No sorry, I want something much closer to the coast. I would like to purchase a home near a bay or the ocean or a river with ocean or bay access.

Posts: 392 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in west seattle wa and am interested down the line also about a yr or two have a place in henderson

Posts: 5 | Location: West Seattle Wa | Registered: 06 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JoeandDiane, the Seattle area is too expensive. The cost of real estate is a big factor in my decision making, I want to get the most property for my money and the closer you get to the city the less you get. I also want a short commute.

posted Hide Post
hope you like rain ... Bellingham gets a-lot

posted Hide Post
housing is cheaper on the east side of the mountains too.

posted Hide Post
@ alaskabob: Yeah I checked that right after your first reply, I didn't even know where Wenatchee was on the map and that's probably because I'd never heard of it before. It looks like it's quite beautiful there but the problem is it's pretty far from any major cities and even farther from Vancouver B.C.

posted Hide Post
yea , big cities are overrated. its about 60,000, a little smaller than Bellingham. don't know what your looking for in Vancouver bc, but being in a boarder town of Canada is not fun there are issues there. all the towns around Wenatchee are "small town usa" with offices that have 1or 2 city routes. crime is low and houses are cheaper because it is not close to big cities. about 2-2.5 hrs to :Canada, Spokane, seattle, Oregon. takes me 8 hrs to drive to boise. by the time you are ready to trade I hope to be retired. I was looking for a warmer climate to go to this spring ..

posted Hide Post
one more thing, i've lived on the "west side" your car will start rusting out as soon as you get there. my tools in my tool box in the garage were rusting ... do extensive testing for mold before buying a house ...

posted Hide Post
@ alaskabob: As far as the climate goes I've lived in much harsher/hostile/extreme environments. I'm with you when it comes to small towns versus big cities, the only time (last night actually) I go to the strip is when we have guests that are visiting for the first time. I hadn't been to the strip in years until last night, almost the same goes for large shopping malls, I go maybe once or twice a year and the Galleria Mall which is probably (or one of) the nicest shopping malls in the whole Las Vegas Valley is just minutes away from my house. Unfortunately I have big city girls in my family and 2.5 hours from a major city would be torture for them. I'm not sure what you mean by border towns not being fun. I've heard many times that Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, I could see my family vacationing all over Canada as well as trips up into Alaska which is I why I want to live near/along Interstate 5 north of Seattle, not to mention the nearby salt water fishing.

posted Hide Post
its not really harsh weather, its actually mild as far as temp goes. it doesn't get freezing or really hot like it does here in Wenatchee ... its just wet, really wet. don't know if you have ever been to Canada. I have a few times, but I wont"poison the well", you can live the dream and if it works for you that's great. the coastal area is some of the prettiest country in the us for sure. we have vacationed in blain many times for our anniversary because of that. if you don't get a trade , check reassign for openings, they pop up now and then. im looking for a warmer climate to retire in. weather I get a trade or not. i'll move after I retire if it comes to that. I have 34 yrs in, been in 5 different offices, (3 in ca. 2 in wa) and Wenatchee has evolved into one of the best working enviorments I have seen. new postmaster and a strong union, they actually work together. 2 new supervisors that were carriers, that understand what its like to carry mail. they are great too. I have never been to Henderson. I would want to check out the area before committing to a trade

posted Hide Post
Yeah I have just over 8 years before I'm even eligible to retire. We plan on vacationing in Washington and Vancouver next year to have a look around. The thing with the wet/rainy climate is whenever I've heard someone ask people from the pacific northwest about "how can you live up there with all the rain" the response is usually "you get used to it and it's usually a light rain or drizzle".

posted Hide Post
I worked in Everett 2 yrs. that is light rain. whitby island makes a conversion zone so the clouds go north and south of Everett. but north and south of Everett its wet. mt baker blocks the weather in up north, (Bellingham) so the clouds dump right there. it make it very green for sure. Wenatchee is pretty dry, 12" a yr for rain. http://coolweather.net/staterainfall/washington.htm (check out this website, doesn't show all the areas but look at the map)

posted Hide Post
The cold bothers me much more than the rain, I prefer a warmer wetter climate over a dryer colder climate.