Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Mutual transfer from Spokane WA to Ventura CA/ Southern CA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mutual transfer from Spokane WA to Ventura CA/ Southern CA Login/Join

posted
I am a regular carrier(5/24/08). I started in 08/90 in CA, transfered to WA in 10/06, now I am looking to transfer back due to family. Spokane is awesome year round. Great family area with lots of outdoor activities. Great offices, nice poeple. Contact Kevin

Posts: 32 | Registered: 16 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cant get you to southern ca but i am in northern ca looking to get to tri cities or round about

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Kevin I wrote this letter on your email account and got no reply so I thought I would send it here. Hi Kevin thanks for the reply. Working in the valley is great. The office I work out of is in Canoga Park. That's east end of the valley with nice communities. We have four offices with about 100 routes within them. I am a strong union member but I have to say that our PM is one of the fairest that I have ever had in my 18 years of service. I can't believe that there are other carriers from Simi in your office! Too funny. My last name is Gildroy and you senority looks about the same as mine so I was wondering if being that you were once living here if we knew each other? Let me know. I have a family so the idea of transfering and being dropped so low off my senority is a factor that I have too think about. My worst nightmare is making a transfer and later on be excessed out of the office many miles away from my new home. Please ask your PM what senority I would be stepping into if we do this transfer. Has your office gone through the flat sorting machine yet? Ours has not so many changes are yet to happen. Our PM has done a great job in preparing for the change by hiring TE's (temporary employees) a while back to let them go if he has to so that he can keep his regulars from going off to other offices. I know that they closed down a district office or something like that in Spokane some months back. Does that affected your area? Do you know of any future closures of offices in your area? Please let me know of any information that might be helpful to me as I will do the same for you. Thanks.

Posts: 128 | Registered: 11 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi kevin I'm looking for las vegas are you interested in a 3 way swap? i'm in orange county laguna hills 4 offices to bid laguna hills, aliso viejo laguna beach and laguna niguel. sen. 9/98

Posts: 18 | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have any questions please call
me at 949-300-7954

Posts: 18 | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Lily, This sounds very tempting. The Laguna Beach area is great. I am trying to get a little further north, in Ventura County. I need to be a little closer to family.
Thanks Kevin

posted Hide Post
Does anybody no the rules for transfers. I have been told that you do not swap routes. You go in as an unassigned regular. Also I heard that you share the lowest senority, for both carriers. What do you know?